cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

8 weeks

8 weeks not one cigarette . I noticed that when I get angry and a lil frustrated which o did at work this morning I feel a lil light headed and dizzy after the anger and frustration wears off.. I would normally have a cigarette to calm me down .No I have to tell myself to breath and just relax which it takes a while.  Don't like that feeling though.

Tags (1)
14 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Hey your doing great.  That feeling you get will go away.   Just take things as they come  

Zak1314

Thank you .. And I surely hope so.. 

Sootie

Congratulations on 8 weeks....2 months really!!!!

Lots of feelings emerge as we quit.....breathing deeply will help immensely. Soon...very soon, you will find you are so much more capable of handling anger and frustration ON YOUR OWN.....without a cigarette. It's really a fantastic feeling.

Stay Strong.

Zak1314

Thank you so much sootie.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Well you may not like the feeling but you are doing EXACTLY what you're supposed to be doing to get through those tough emotional dizzy, frustrating, angerous times.  I just made that last word up.  Sounds good to me!  lol  Seriously.  Just pausing, stepping out of the emotional moment and saying, "chill, breathe, relax" just that little bit of awareness and little bit of breathing can help SO MUCH.  But, of course, we have to DO it when it happens.  

You're doing great, Zak.  You're  listening to what works and you're putting it into practice.  I'd say give yourself STRAIGHT A's.  It's tough.  Yes.  Let me repeat that:  It's tough, yes!  But you're doing it.  My goodness you've got two months smoke free behind you.  Stop and really think about that accomplishment for moment or two.  It's magnificent.  Even though there are rough times now, can you go back to two months ago and remember how you felt back then?  When you doubt or question your accomplishment, or in those times when you're going through tough times, just go back in your mind to your Day One, two and three.  Or even the night before.  Though we have hard moments along our smoke-free journeys, can you see how far you've come in comparison to Day One?  I hope so. 

My hat's off to you for you accomplishment this far.  You just keep going, because oh... to give it all up now would be so sad.  Stay the course.  It's worth it.  Really.  It's worth it.

Zak1314

Thank you so much for your awesome word of encouragement.. I'm hanging in the because I definitely don't want to be a smoker anymore.. And most importantly I want to be all around healthy.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

pastedImage_1.jpg Zak1314 ... 8 weeks of Freedom is super.  You are feeling what many of us felt, uncomfortable that you can’t deal with your emotions without a cigarette.  But, guess what? You are managing through and learning to relax and breath...you will only get better through time with dealing with your emotions.  Remember “baby steps”...and Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 547 DOF

Zak1314

Thank you so very much colleen. 

YoungAtHeart

You continue to relearn your life as an ex-smoker.  You ARE dealing with that stress without a cigarette! 

Be proud of yourself.  You have grown so much since you were a weak-kneed, struggling new quitter.  I know I am proud of you.  You have come a long way!

Smile!