cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

champsin97

8 weeks smoke free

Still getting after it and staying vigilant.  Hope everyone is staying strong!  

Shout out to my quit twin @qsiesue.

Labels (1)
18 Replies
Barbscloud

@Finallyquittin Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your quit.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Consider creating your own post at My Journal/Blog to introduce yourself to the community and receive some well deserved support. 

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos

Thank you @Barbscloud ! I’m on day 6! Honestly cannot believe I made it this far.  But just as you said. Staying busy. 

Barbscloud

@Finallyquittin Congrats on your continued success.   That's a fabulous start on your journey to freedom.  One week today- Yea!  Stay close , reach out anytime we can help, and stop buy to celebrate your milestones.

Barb

0 Kudos
champsin97

Yes it was definetly worth every agonizing moment.  I do still have cravings here and there but they are easy to get through.  I feel alot better.  More energy.  No more constant coughing.  No more smelly cloths and I just generally feel good about myself.  On top of everything else, after 60 days, I've saved $762.00!!  I am free from this nicademon!  

Looks like you are about done with hell week.  Congrats to you!  It gets easier......trust me.

0 Kudos

@champsin97 wow it’s nice to see that you all are real people on here and actively supporting each other. That’s awesome. Thank you for reply and the look ahead at what is to come. Today was hard. But I’m trying to distract myself.im even dreaming of vaping. 🙄🫠 Do you/ did you use any nicotine gum or lozenges? 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great work @Finallyquittin! I'm glad you have been able to distract yourself from your cravings. We have a new vaping group! You can check it out for more focused discussions on this topic.

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
champsin97

I did not use anything.  I just quit cold turkey.  That was what worked for me.  Everybody is different.

qsiesue

@champsin97 I didnt have the mindset to do that. Those of you that can are amazing. I had to have help. I'm just glad cold turkey worked for you, as the patch worked for me.

qsiesue
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@qsiesue There is nothing more amazing about using a quit aid or not.  We have to choose our own path in life.  The end result is the the same.  You're are an EX.

Congrats on your quit.

Barb