cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Apilling09

8 weeks smoke free

Nicotine free for 8 weeks. Still having anxiety and occasional insomnia but the insomnia has gotten much better. Can’t wait to fully feel like myself again. Have heard that many of the withdrawal symptoms tend to pass at about 12 weeks, I know everyone is different but wondering if this has been the case for others? Thanks! 

17 Replies
Apilling09

Thank you! I bought a treadclimber, now if I could only find the motivation to use it lol

elvan

Eight weeks is amazing but I am sure you smoked for longer than that.  We all had to learn how to deal with our feelings when we quit smoking and there are times that they can seem overwhelming but it DOES get better.  If there is a way for you to exercise, I would strongly recommend it.  I remember the first time I exercised after I quit and I felt amazing.  It released dopamine and made me feel like this was a HUGE turning point.

Congratulations on your journey so far!

Ellen

Barbscloud

Big congrats on your 8 weeks.  Most of smoked for a long time, so it will take some time to feel better.  Keep up the good work.

Barb

Apilling09

Thank you!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Happy 8 Weeks Quit...that is super...all the withdrawal symptoms go away differently for everyone...hard to say...however, I do know the more time you say No to Nico and yes to Freedom...the less triggers and craves...Happy Saturday ... ~ Colleen 173 DOF 

Apilling09

Thank you! Looking forward to have as many DOF as you!

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Your doing super! Many congrats on 8 weeks! I agree with EVERYONE above, so really cant add a thing except stay near the site . We are here for you!

Apilling09

Thank you! And the site has been a great help!