cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Yarngoddess

7 days

I made it through the first 7 days. I really didn’t think I would. Yesterday was absolutely horrible. After work I sat on the couch and cried about everything and nothing for over an hour. I think letting it out helped me “grieve” I do feel much better this morning and I’m going to continue to plow through but the urges are super strong today for some reason. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
maryfreecig

Way to go! You are working your quit. Keep working through this one hour, one day at a time. It is difficult in the first few weeks. We kinda go into shock about the reality of it, but don't worry, by saying no, sticking with your goal to stay quit, staying in touch with quitters you can keep yourself together and build a stronger smobriety! 

Screenshot_20221025-074827.jpg20220808_163610.jpgb0e21fe073dcb50923b019cf8ee518b2.jpgancient maple at the old ashley homestead river road.JPG

Barbscloud

@Yarngoddess Super congrats on your first week of success.  That is a major achievement.  Feeling sad and crying is normal for many quitters, so let it out.  Celebrate those milestones by rewarding yourself with something that's special to you.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barbscloud_0-1658931849017.gif

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE12515_0-1671033904177.jpeg

JACKIE12515_1-1671033926038.png

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos
biscuit9

Congratulations on saying NO for seven days.  As a former smoker, I know that you made that choice and you overcame alot of cravings to be able to say this.  Like you, I never thought I could stay smokefree for one day, much less SEVEN DAYS.  Shows your commitment to being smokefree is strong.  You are strong.  It takes alot of mental strength to say no.  That nicotine monster hates being ignored.  You are not out of the woods,  but you are showing your addiction who is boss!  Consider yourself ((((((hugged)))))).  I'm sorry about your tears, but I also felt the "loss" of nicotine.  That's the addiction talking to you, telling you that you need nicotine.  You don't need nicotine, you never did.  You stay strong.  You do something nice for yourself today, you have earned it.  Way to go.  Quit Day 88.