cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Juliette67

6th day

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.  I am having a terrible day today and am so tempted to just have one cigarette.  I didn't sleep well and my mouth has the most bitter taste in it.  Everything tastes awful.  I am also grumpy and finding it hard to concentrate at work.  Please help

24 Replies
elvan

It will pass, believe it or not craves pass whether you smoke or not.  Let them wash over you, acknowledge that they are taunting you but don't fight with them, just know that they will get weaker and weaker.  Each crave that you get through makes the next one weaker and there WILL come a time when you don't even think about smoking.  You will still smell it on other people but you will find it more and more disgusting.  This really is one day at a time and sometimes it has to be one minute at a time, just don't smoke.  Not One Puff Ever!

susan_m

DON'T do it - you would have to start all over again, Juliette.  You really want to quit, and you are rocking it.... just wait and the urge to smoke will pass.

Your addiction is throwing a hissy fit - put it in time out like you would a four year old and stay in control of your quit.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

0 Kudos
Kellybeth

I know the feeling. I just went though it myself. It is awful but the others are right. Don't agree with yourself. You are not going to smoke and that's that. The crave will come and go. You will be so proud of yourself at the end of the day when you didn't give in!!

elvan

Let us know how you are doing.  Just think of how awful a cigarette would taste...seriously, they do NOT taste good no matter what we told ourselves.  You CAN do this.

0 Kudos
freeneasy

All great advice.  You're doing great with your quit and smoking won't make your day go better. Be proud of yourself and keep stacking the days. It will get better.

0 Kudos
elvan

Remember "One is too many and a thousand is never enough."  Smoking really will not help anything.  It will not make the bad go away, it will just stuff it down for a while but it will be back.  PLEASE hang in there and keep saying NOPE.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

You have to find the fun side of you.  Sometimes we have to fake it until we make it.  Fake a laugh and see what happens.  NOPE not one puff.  Remind yourself that you just don't do that anymore. 

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/8313043/activities-you-can-do-to-keep-yourself-busy-ins...

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/6535656/foundation-for-a-successful-quit

0 Kudos
Strudel

I realize I am late to this - I sure hope that you had a successful day! Never forget N.O.P.E.! You did exactly the right thing by blogging- stay close! 

Giulia

So?  How's it going three days later?

0 Kudos
Juliette67

Thanks so much everyone for all the good advice.  I made it through day six with no smoking so all of you helped enormously.

0 Kudos