cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rkf

6 Weeks Smoke Free After 39 Years

I quit on 9/10/09 using the patch. Two keys to my continued success are lots of regular sugar free gum and the empowering motivation of accomplishing a difficult task. My toughest trigger is the car, where I now keep plenty of gum and a metal hollow cigarette through which I inhale nothing but air on long drives. I still get cravings once or twice a day, but they last for only a few seconds.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
lfran

This is not the first time I've heard of someone quitting after getting the flu and then pneumonia.  A friend of mine had the same thing happen to her and since she felt like she couldn't breath, it made perfect sense to quit smoking.  I quit on 12/8/09 through hypnosis.  I'm doing pretty good so far, no withdrawal at all, some cravings but they pass pretty quickly.  Nobody smokes in my immediate family and at work I have to go out of my way to be around smokers so I should be OK, I hope.  I've smoked for 37 years and was up to 30 cigarettes a day!  That's a really long time sucking on cancer sticks day n and day out!  I want out!  Why does it feel like I miss them even though I know they were poisoning me? 

Lisa

0 Kudos