cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BugsNBats14

57 days yet still craving and moody?

Jump to solution

Most information states cravings are diminished after a month. I've not had a single puff in 57 days and I'm still anxious  moody, frustrated, itchy, and craving many times a day. Using 7 mg patch now.

Anybody else feel this way after so long?

12 Replies
MarilynH

How are you doing BugsNBats14? I  thought I'd check in with you ,let us know how you are doing because we care and we're all here to help you in any way we can ......

karenjones

Welcome to the Ex Community.  I see you have been quit for 57 days, that is quite an accomplishment and you should be proud.  Remember that first day, how horrid it was?  So hang on to your quit with dear life, because your life depends on it. Do not let the addict talk to you and convince you that life would be better if you had a smoke, because it won't. And there you will be back at day one.  just because you quit smoking does not mean that life will be a bed of roses.  But there will be one rose with you where ever you are, where ever you go. and that is that you do not smoke.  You may need to learn other coping skills, smoking is not a coping skill.  But I know, for me, when I was smoking, if I was sad I smoked, if I was happy I smoked, angry I smoked, nostalgic I smoked.  I had no other response to anything  emotion except ... smoke.  So as an old woman I had to learn how to emote, something that alot of nonsmokers learn in their teenage hood. I had to learn how to respond to my own emotions and those of others.  You may hear some people say that smoking is just a dirty habit. Don' t you believe it. Smoking is a very serious chemical dependency, and you are going through withdrawal by yourself. They don't have rehab for smokers.  But in another way you are not going through it by yourself, the Ex Community is here and we are on your side.  We've got your back.  You can do it.  things will change.  Have you thought of going to a meditation class? There are lots of them around and they are all free.  Years ago someone suggested that to me and I said, no Its not for me.  I thought I knew what it was , but I didn't... you have to do it to know what it is like and doing it one time is not enough, I have been doing it for 7 years and still learning.  I hope you stay around and that we get to know you and you us.  Bless you on your journey.  Karen

BugsNBats14

Thank you for your personal response and suggestions.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019, 8:56 AM karenjones <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos