cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

diamond01

57 days down the tube !!!

Hi, I don't even know what to say I blew my 57 days quit, now I am so scared to start over the the stress of it all just got to me, day after day, the cravings the rollercoaster now it was for nothing.I am trying to get strong, but I just can't get to a happy place, it just seems so dark like it sucked out all my emotions out of me, and now I am just sad. I need everyone's help to get me one the path again, and help keep me strong, I know that only I can do it but I don't know how to start. Thanks Helen.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
freeneasy

It wasn't for nothing. Think about what you learned from it. It's important that you start your quit asap though You know how to start because you've done it before.   

Giulia

The way to get to a happy place is stay quit and honor the commitment you've made.  You came here because you want to quit.  Right?  Then accept the journey.  With ALL that that means for as long as it takes to get there.   If you broke you leg and had to be in a cast for 6 weeks - would you fight it each day?  Would you say "poor me" each day?  Or would you say, "OK, I broke my  leg, I've got to spend six weeks in a cast and I'm gonna make the Best of it dammit!"  You either accept your choice to quit and stick with no matter what, or you continue to relapse, and never find your happy place. Because your happy place is what you really want -  which is freedom from smoking.  

You can only achieve freedom from smoking if you are willing to put up with whatever it takes for as long as it takes.  That's a plain fact.  There are no short cuts.  

You have 57 smoke-free days and you body is longing for more.  Make it happy by pushing to 58.

elvan

You CAN do this...prepare yourself, figure out what went wrong that got you to start smoking again, this is a journey and many of us have fallen at one point or another.  Some of us fell more than once but we got back up until we STAYED up!