cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

elaine7

50+ trying to quit but haven't yet

sat oct 3, came back to this site to see if any discussions this am, so far no one is available. i'm trying to write down every time i have a cig, but sometimes i forget. the more i think about quitting the more i smoke. any suggestions
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
spunkie

Come to my page and watch my video it will make you laugh and help you with your quit you will have to pause my music player. Hope this help also try to stay busy. Smoke free and loving it. I think on your comments page there is alot of good advice from several quitters ... Good Luck
0 Kudos
angie5

Just relax, start telling yourself each and every time you smoke no matter what: This is a disgusting habit. This cigarette sure stinks. My mouth tastes horrible and my breath stinks so. This cigarette is destroying my lungs, it is sucking the breath and life right out of me. Go look in the mirror at you teeth and the wrinkles on your face, think about how you would look if you never smoked. Do this constantly and speak it loudly. After you have done this several times ask me what to do next.
0 Kudos
vicki-jackson

I did it for about a week before I quit. Did well in the a.m., but lost track in the p.m. It did help though. In chosing how I was going to quit, I learned that I smoked my first cig early, and nicotine use increased later in the day. I decided to use the lozenges 4mg. and I have been without a cig for 11 weeks now. if I slip this time, i don't mind talking to my Dr. about Chantex, He said he would prescrible, but glad I didn't take that route this time. I think you are on the right track. You know that you want to quit and you will when you are ready. Later-Vicki
0 Kudos
elaine7

i would like to get some kind of easy way to do this becoming an ex, but it's so frustrating when i go to my email and theres a link , i click on it and i'm back to the main discussion page . i am not computer literate and i have snail dial-up service . so i would like to know the best way to communicate as soon as i go on my computer. can you help. like i rec'd the email from you i went to the link and i cant find where the email you sent to me anywhere, what's up with this? i would like to do this ex thing but i'm getting very stressed at trying to use this site as a support group.
0 Kudos
elaine7

supposely, i have 4 replies this am like an hour ago and i cannot bring them up. this site keeps taking me back to the beginning of 50+ member and there is no new activity to be seen . whats up with this im getting so frustrated. ive been trying to do this for the last hour and am ready to give up! please help.
0 Kudos
katheen

KEEP YOURSELF BUSY BY DOING THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE AND IF YOU NEED TO GET IN THE COMPUTER AND READ ABOUT THE BY-LOGS ON THIS SITE. I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TRYING TO QUIT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AND NOW I HAVE SET A NEW QUIT DATE FOR OCT.15TH AND I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. JUST STAY BUSY AND IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE GO WHERE THERE IS NO SMOKING ALLOUD THEN CIME BACK HOME AND GET HERE ON THE COMPUTER. THAT IS MY TWO CENTS WORTH AND I HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU OUT. I KNOW THAT I'M A LITTLE BIT NERVIOUS ABOUT QUITTING TO BUT THEN AGAIN I'VE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES AND SO FAR KEEP ON GOING BACK ON THE SMOKING AGAIN. I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU OUT JUST DO NOT SMOKE AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL GET BETTER THAT IS WHAT THEY TELL ME SO JUST DO THAT AND SEE IF IT WILL HELP YOU OUT.
0 Kudos
elaine7

please help, i cannot get to the replies from people that have emailed me. when i go to my email and click on the person who last replied i have to click a link that says to view this activity click this link. when i do i come right back to 50+ PAGE and i see no recent replies . what am i doing wrong? this is getting so frustrating that i m ready to quit this support site. can anyone help! thank you elaine
0 Kudos
elaine7

short note, thank you for your input. its the only reply that is the latest i have rec'd from this site. i do not know how to get the current replies from my email. when i click on the link where it says "to view this activity" it takes me right back to the main becoming an ex page and i cant see the reply. what am i doing wrong! can you help. thanks elaine
0 Kudos
sue-otts

Elaine,

I wrote a comment on your page that I think will help you to understand why you are getting the emails.

Let me know if this helps you, ok?

Sue
0 Kudos