cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

5 Months no cigs

5 month's no cig and I really have like really strong emotional feelings right now. I mean I've had them in my 3rd month but not as strong and longer than a day going on the 3rd day and feeling a mess emotionally..

0 Kudos
24 Replies
elvan

I cannot imagine having my kids home three days a week and then school for two.  It has to be rather disruptive to them too..although there are few things that set me over the wall more than my kids fighting all the time.  I do think that if you can get some regular exercise, it might help you, AND the kids.  They could perhaps exercise WITH you...or would that be horrible?  You have come so far and smoking would not help with anything you are feeling...it would just satisfy the addiction for a very short period of time and then it would rear its ugly head, stronger than ever.  I am so sorry that you are going through this, I do hope you will stay as close to the site as possible.

Best to you,

Ellen

Zak1314

I will definitely do so.. Because I don't want to ever smoke again..

elvan

You have got this...I have to agree with SisBB‌ that single parents ARE super heroes!

Hi! I tend to be more on the emotional side normally, but quitting has made it worse at times. I've found that writing down what's bothering me helps, just to get it out of my own head. Hope you feel better soon, it's hard when you don't feel like yourself. 

Giulia

"Like I just have enough on my mind .."  I "get" you.  And we all have enough on our minds.  So are you giving yourself an excuse to fail because of that?  If so - don't.  I see you heading in that direction and I'm gonna give my tough love, because it's love, even if it is tough.   I'm reading what you're writing:  

"My face is breaking out so thats been bothering me"  OK, that's unpleasant but no reason to smoke.

Your children are bickering every day (what children don't?) - that's crazy making, but no reason to smoke.

You worry about your mother recovering from cancer - that's no reason to smoke.  

Covid, a great reason to smoke unless you've made the choice not to.

You keep saying "I don't know."  What don't you know?  Are you not yet settled into the knowledge that smoking isn't for you?  Have you not yet accepted the journey after five months?  Are you still looking for a way out?  Welcome to the club.  We all did that.  I'm saying "don't go there" in your head.  I'm saying every time your brain starts coming up with a scenario where it's tough right now "because of...."  that's just the addict brain coming up with excuses.

And if I'm way off the mark here with my "take" please just toss it and ignore it.  I perceived your blog as a call for help.  We each view things from our own perceptions and those perceptions are based on our own experiences.  I'm looking at your quit through my own eyes, not yours.  So forgive me if I'm totally misunderstanding and misinterpreting your experience.  My only aim is to help to keep you strong in your beautiful quit.  

Zak1314

I definitely don't want to go back to smoking and I have come to the realization that it's not for me .. I just was expressing my feelings not excuses. I don't want to be a smoker again because thats just not me anymore.  I was thinking about getting some anxiety medication because I do exercise,  i do meditate , I do read books and listen to music. 

Barbscloud

Know you've been doing everything that's been suggested.   That doesn't work for everyone.      It was hard for me also.   Some of us quitters develop hypothyroidism after quitting.  It can cause a lot of emotional issues until treated.  It was a year before I discovered what was causing me to feel so sad a year  into my quit.   Talk to a doc and see what they think..  Some blood work might be in order.

You're definitely not a smoker anymore, but that doesn't fix everything.   

Got ya,

Barb

Giulia

Glad I was off the off the mark!  This is an anxious time.  Not a bad idea to consult with a doc about meds that might help.  Glad you don't want to go back to your old smoking self.  Stay wonderfully free!

Cousin-Itt

Remember Smoking doesn't help anything and you're doing great a 5 months   Just keep reminding yourself that all the mood swings and this Covid Crap will all go back to normal .   The first chance you get take some me time and do something for you

elvan

These feelings are your addiction throwing a tantrum, give them a “time out.” Play music you really like, dance like no one is watching! You have come so far, hang onto your quit!

Ellen