cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

k-tague

40 years and the answer for me

I am a 52 year old addict! Many substances over the years with the one constant being cigs. Every time I told myself that I needed to quit, I could never make it more than a few hours. My wife quit cold turkey about 7 years ago. As last Christmas (2008) approached, and the thought of the grand kids coming to our house, I forced myself outside the house into the cold weather. Between the wife, grandkids and the cold, I decided that I was going to quit no matter what before the end of 2009! Here is the ironic part. I do a lot of travelling and the first time I stopped for gas after the hollidays, I see a display for an electronic cigarette. I start googling and looking into them. It seemed to be a possible way to get off the real cigs and provide a road to breaking the addiction. I purchased a starter kit on 1-21-09 and had my last real smoke at 10:00 pm that night. Now my concern is getting off of the electronic cigarette. Hopefully I can find some help here. I still receive nicotine through this device; however, no smoke or tar, etc. I still have the "motion" affect of smoking. I need to replace those things with other avenues. What suggestions would you have for me? Thanks for being here.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
sally3

You can do this. Go 1 week smoke free and you are there! If cravings are really bad look into taking Chantix. That has been a lifesaver to me and I'm going on 5 weeks smokefree. Have smoked for 34 years! YOU CAN DO THIS!

0 Kudos