cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

robin18

4 Months Today

Hello Everyone, well it has been 4 months since I have kicked ash!!!! I have been through some really tough times I mean really really tough times in the last 4 months and I HAVE NOT put one cigarette to my lips. I have wanted to but chose otherwise and I am so proud of myself. The only thing I can say that I do not like about quiting is my smelling. I had no idea what a great smeller I had. Sometimes I smell things that I wish I could not. It just blows my mind how much cigarettes changes things in the body. I wanted to thank everyone that has been there for me through out this long journey and a journey that will probably never end. I will still need all of your support, because as we all know the quiting really never stops only gets easier. So once again THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!

Robin
0 Kudos
19 Replies
michele7

Robin - you should be SO proud of yourself! That is an amazing accomplishment. I am on day 16 of being smoke free and I can smell so much better already that it's crazy. I have 2 cats and everytime they use the litter box the smell is horrifying!!! I could never smell it before, but now I have to scoop every time they go in there! They're gonna love mama now keeping their litter box clean ... LOL. Keep up the great work and keep inspiring others to stay off the smokes.
0 Kudos
tom10

Way to go Robin.
I know what you mean about smelling. Our large dog reeks to high heaven. Never noticed it while I was smoking. I'm continually running around with Fabreze or Renuzit, lol Like you, some stuff I don't want to smell, like my coworkers when they don't shower.
Anyway, 70 days for me.
0 Kudos
john-williams

Four months! How awesome is that? You have really really encouraged me Robin. It can be so easy to focus on the difficulty of quiting and all the in-your -face triggers that can produce an almost constant thought pattern of why it's OK to have just one more, one drag, just one more pack won't change anything... I'll just bum one cigarette and then I'll be done... It can be a real battle. It's great to take a minute and look at just where that fight will take us if we will just hang in there as you have done. Thanks so much Robin. Grab yourself another 4 months and treat yourself good tonight with the $840.00 you have saved. WOW! Lets go out...

John
0 Kudos
nancy41

WOW! Congratulations, Robin! 4 months is fantastic!
0 Kudos
sheebs

Congrats Robin!!!! I am on day 11 and can't wait to get to four months, you are an inspiration! I know exactly what you mean about the sense of smell, I had to call the groomer and brought my dog in for a bath 2 days ago, PEW he stunk and I never noticed it before, and just like Jennie I am also going crazy with febreeze, I'm thinking I should buy stock in the company because I am using so much of it.
0 Kudos
vero

Congrats that is so awesome except for the bad smells but Congrats on teh four months you have inspired me.
0 Kudos

way to go robin.me and my husband been quit 9 days now .i been cleaning every thing in the house becouse i cant stand the smell of the old smoke where we smoke so long .i set on the porch and look at the beautiful tree and can smell fall in the air .how beautiful it smell now that im getting my life back.
0 Kudos
Diana20

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Diana
0 Kudos

Robin,

A huge congrats to you, gal--you're doing wonderful! And have you noticed, if you'd of given in and had a smoke during the challenging times, it would not have made the challenge any better, any easier? We always just thought it did--:)

But now we know the truth. Hooray for you!
0 Kudos
lori15

Hey Robin,
Thats awesome! You are an inspiration. My quit date is on Monday. Im scared but also excited. I have been cutting down and its been hard but when I read messages like yours I know its possible for me to quit. It has to be. Thanks for your message and keep it up. God Bless.

Lori
0 Kudos