cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

robin18

4 Months Today

Hello Everyone, well it has been 4 months since I have kicked ash!!!! I have been through some really tough times I mean really really tough times in the last 4 months and I HAVE NOT put one cigarette to my lips. I have wanted to but chose otherwise and I am so proud of myself. The only thing I can say that I do not like about quiting is my smelling. I had no idea what a great smeller I had. Sometimes I smell things that I wish I could not. It just blows my mind how much cigarettes changes things in the body. I wanted to thank everyone that has been there for me through out this long journey and a journey that will probably never end. I will still need all of your support, because as we all know the quiting really never stops only gets easier. So once again THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!

Robin
0 Kudos
19 Replies
barbara42

THIS IS SO GREAT TO HEAR, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR QUIT, I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET TOO CLOSE TO OUR DOG, BECAUSE SHE STINKS TO ME. MY HUSBAND SAYS SHE DOES NOT, BUT AT ANY RATE, I CAN NOT BE AROUND HER FOR NOW, SO WE HAVE THE GOOD AND BAD SIDES, BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE A CHOICE. I DID NOT USE TO PEACE!
0 Kudos
rj_

yea Robin...sounds like you got it down....NTAP works every time.
0 Kudos
edith2

hahahahaha! Love your post Robin! I liked the part about discovering you have a better smeller. So true. Congradulations on having 4 months! That is awesome! I am sooo proud of you. You have a great story to share as you are and you're setting a great example! You're letting others know that this can be done. Please continue to share your experience strength and hope. I love your enthusiasm. You definitely have my support. Wait till you get four years! Whooooaaaahhhh! But four months is fabulous.
0 Kudos
edith2

hahahahaha! Love your post Robin! I liked the part about discovering you have a better smeller. So true. Congradulations on having 4 months! That is awesome! I am sooo proud of you. You have a great story to share as you are and you're setting a great example! You're letting others know that this can be done. Please continue to share your experience strength and hope. I love your enthusiasm. You definitely have my support. Wait till you get four years! Whooooaaaahhhh! But four months is fabulous.
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

Congrats Robin! 4 months is huge! The smeller is one thing and the taster is another. My taste just keeps getting more intense too. Yep I too am going to enjoy this journey of discovery..support.......and recovery..sometimes it will smell bad...LOL... but nowhere near as bad as the smoke! God Bless.
Jim
0 Kudos
jennie3

O yes I feel like a bloodhound now my sense of smell is so sensitive that I had to switch to Ivory dishsoap cause I could smell the scent of the purfumed 1's on my dishes.I drive my household crazy with febreze and my insense lol !
4 months is awesome!

0 Kudos
karen56

it is 4 days today and i feel miserable. cant wait to be where u r today. congrats, karen
0 Kudos
dawn29

I love reading about your smeller and that you have not smoke in four months. I hope that I can make it. My quit date is 9-26-08. I am soooooooooooooooo nervous. Keep up the great job.
0 Kudos
fire

Congratulations Robin on your quit- your story is inspirational and I hope everything smells sweet from here on out. ;0-)
0 Kudos