cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ready2021

31 days

31 days I'm still going strong not quite sleeping good however is this normal continue with restless leg my doctor has me on Wellbutrin small dosage to help with anxiety weight is this good been on it for 2 weeks

17 Replies
TurboRose

Congratulations Ready2017 on 31 days of freedom.  I like the inspirational message you included.  It's worth repeating and repeating and repeating.

SkyGirl

Hi, Ready, and congratulations on 31 days!  And belated Happy Birthday, also!  It sounds like you are doing great with your Quit.  I haven't really "met" you, but I just wanted to jump in and introduce myself.  Hi, I'm Sky, my Quit is almost five years old.  I suppose that a lot of the newer Quitters think that someone with a longer Quit can't possibly remember what it feels like during those first days and weeks.  But we do.  You never forget what it feels like to beat an addiction...and to stay committed to your promise to yourself to never, ever let yourself fall prey to a nicotine addiction again.  So please contact me if you ever have any doubts about your Quit or think you might be happier if you went back to smoking...I will help you remember all the reasons why you quit and the benefits that you have gained since quitting.  Just like all the Elders here, I'm open to hearing from you, Ready.  I have faith in you!

xxxooo,  Sky

Ready2021

Hi SkyGirl thanks for the warm welcome it is much needed in the begining of this journey it was very hard especially cold turkey move however I do find that it gets easy than hard again easy hard again I assume eventually  it will be all easy 32 and counting

Roller831

YAY!  AWESOME!  CONGRATULATIONS!  31 days is a wonderful accomplishment!  Keep up the great work!  I know you are just a bit ahead of me in days and I look forward to taking this journey with you!

Ready2021

Congrats to you also it does feel like a rollercoaster LOL but it is a pleasure to go on this journey with you also

Diannnnn

You are doing so awesome!!! I'm sitting here smiling and rooting for ya!

The thing with Wellbutrin, or really any drug, it can affect different people different ways...that's why there are so many of them out there. It really boils down to how it affects you and what your side effect tolerance is. And just for fun, something that worked for you in the past may not work in the future. If you are ok on it and it is helping then I'd say keep on rollin'. Once you don't need it, discontinue it with your Dr's ok. Some meds have a taper schedule.

I love reading through all the posts. This is such an awesome bunch of folks!

jbliesmer

Congrats on 31 glorious days!

My husband and I quit together and he has been sleeping terribly and I have not.

not really terribly, he is just wide awake too early.

I hope this levels off for you soon!

Wellbutrin helped me too.

ChangoGrande

Congrats Ready2021‌!

Keep on keeping on!

Eric