cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

3 days won again!! Weepy Today :(

Hate this.  I felt this way going into 3rd week and started smoking.  I do know I have no option to smoke! That helps me but Dang..........

N.O.P.E.  10 below wind chill keepin" me home. Then What? Oh ya N.O.P.E.

I am determined dang it!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.gif

Tears falling ...-....-.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Barbscloud

Well, you know me.  Put some warm clothes on an get out there and play with the dogs.   Had the same wind chill here this morning, that doesn't stop Charlie and me.  

The only way I got through the long, long months of feeling sad, was staying busy around the house, walking, and coming to the Ex.

I feel for you--just get over this hump and you'll be fine.    It's ok to cry, so let it out.

Barb 

anaussiemom

Um NO Barb.  I cannot go out there!! R05b14fbc56dfab97ea58e24a6c2e038b.gif

elvan

Barbscloud

I thought NOPE was for not smoking. 

Barb

anaussiemom

Barbscloud‌  Oh it tis!!  Just thought you might need sum tougher luv with heck no" I aint going outside  to cold for this woman.

elvan‌  Dont encourage... LOL

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

LOL

MarilynH

Gentle caring hug coming your way Kim deep breaths and keep moving forward stacking up those precious DOF ~ Days Of Freedom so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON I remember only too well how horrendous it was in those early days and weeks of quitting smoking BUT with commitment and perseverance you will succeed in living a life of Freedom and we're all here to help you in any way we can, you've got this sweetie.

anaussiemom

Praying MarilynH

Saying Your word for today!! Often!!  OIP.It0MHlfksRHEVNW79L_i2QAAAA.jpeg

elvan

Those first days and weeks of smobriety are marked by such emotional highs and lows.  I actually remember laughing at some things that would normally not really amuse me.  It was like I was intoxicated and just l ike that, the tears would come.  Up and down and up and down, faster than any roller coaster I have ever been on.  I cried and cried and laughed like the village idiot...it does pass.  There is no way to speed this up, crying is fine, give yourself permission to let it out.  Take care of yourself the way you would take care of a fragile loved one.  Keep telling yourself that it will get better, you just cannot smoke and keep starting the cycle over and over again. I believed that with all of my heart and I repeated it to myself over and over again.  You CAN do this, Kim and you have an army of EXers supporting you.

Hugs, ,

Ellen

anaussiemom

Eggzactly Ellen.