cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

3 Joys of Today?

Jump to solution

What are 3 good things that brought you joy today ? 

Tags (1)
211 Replies
Laurarutledge

Is that a free scrabble game? Played with people online? If so, I’ll have to try it.

anaussiemom

yes

0 Kudos
Laurarutledge

1. Managed a couple of drawings I liked today.

2. Got some much needed supplies at Walmart.

3. Played with Charlie (my dog).

4. Made a new Italian Beef recipe in the slow cooker, turned out pretty good. 

Giulia

There really are such things as blood worms.  If anyone's interested:  go to BLOODWORMS - Will They BITE?! - YouTube   They are worms that BITE, if you can believe it.  Not for the squeamish.

MichelleDiane

Ugh!

0 Kudos
Laurarutledge

I could have gone my entire life and not learned that one - yuck!!! Lol

0 Kudos
minihorses

Yeah but they make fantastic fishing bait.  Caught a nice bass with one a few years back.

Julie

Giulia

LaurarutledgeMichelleDiane‌  But you watched that video, didn't you?  At least part of it.  That shows you have a certain curiosity about life.  And why you just might be successful long term quitters.  Because you both have a curiosity and a desire for knowledge and thus for change.  For knowledge can't help but change us.  Desire for knowledge takes guts.  Especially when it challenges our comfortable perceptions.   We have to be willing to see things from a different intellectual and emotional point of view.  And that's what overcoming this addition takes.  Well, and of course the behavioral part of it too.

Don't say "yuck" and "ugh."  Or do say "yuck" and "ugh".  Amazing scientific benefits to us humans have been gained through those yucks and ughs.  Certain creatures can regenerate limbs.  Like the lowly worm or the spider and eft.  If we could plug into whatever it is THEY have in that regenerative process, we might be able to do the same - eventually.  Ugh might just become an AH!  Which actually is very much like our quits which start out with an UGH and turn into an AHA then become an AWE.  The awe that we actually got there and never need to go back.

We human are pretty amazing creatures.  But we haven't been around nearly as long as some of our compatriot species.  

Glad you took a gander - even if it produced an ugh and a yuck, you learned something, I hope.  

MichelleDiane

Thanks for the different perspective.  It is a strength based way of thinking.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

1. I woke up this morning 

2.The Sun is shining 

3.I picked up my 13 yr old grandson Adam for the day plus I'll get to see Mason and Emma as well.

4.my life is grand without a Cigarette in Hand, oops I added a 4th.