cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

paula11658

3 DAYS NO SMOKING!

its been 3 days without smoking. I have basically confined myself to my apartment fighting the urge to buy a pack. I did not find this site until this afternoon and appreciate all the knowledge and hands on information I have taken in already.

I have done this cold turkey this time - have tried patches and ecigs but has not worked for me. I know I had quit cold turkey when I was pregnant with my children (ha one is now 35 and one is 29) but sine how always managed to start again .... don't want to do that any more - the lat time I tried this was 5/2016 but it did not work - I was able to stay smoke free while at work for 9 to 10 hours but couldn't manage the drive to and from work...now I am unemployed since 12/1/16 - so no longer have the excuse of the drive to and from work to smoke - anyway I am grateful that I made it 3 days and am looking forward to make this a life long commitment .

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Mandolinrain

Three days is awesome, congrats!I highly recommend Alan Carrs book, The Easyway to stop smoking. Its not a big book and he gets down to it very quick.....unlike any other stop smoking book I read. You;ll enjoy it. So 3 days...the nicotine should all be out of you by now and your body had begun to heal.

So glad you found this site. Wonderful people here to help you stay on tract. You never have to be alone.

well, good morning from the Midwest.  Hop on my profile if you wish and read a little by clicking my name or picture.  You've gotten some great advice so far.  Stick with us and we'll get you to where you want to be 

meWisconsin

Congratulations on your 3 days of freedom. Remember "one day at a time".

Terry

0 Kudos