cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ready2021

16 Days of Freedom?

I just wanted to share what I'm feeling this 16 days of freedom is wonderful however I still feel crappy I thought the depression was gone but today I feel depress it came down on me just recently I thought maybe since its 93 degrees outside or this is what happens during the journey Im sure tomorrow I'll feel like a million bucks but right now I feel like I want to cry IJSFB_IMG_1474214264860.jpg

17 Replies
elvan

Ready2021  Just want to let you know that coming here and blogging was a SPECTACULAR thing to do!  I am really proud of you.

Ellen

0 Kudos
c2q

Wow! 16 days! Congratulations!

I think you may be in the crazy-crying-everything-sets-me-off zone. 

You're doing it right.

Daniela2016

Weather can do it to you, but think it might have done it even if you were still a smoker! Reading about what to expect, about common addiction is going to make you feel better, it makes you gain the tools you need for continuous success!  Great job on the first 16 DOF, congratulations!

Ready2021

A Big Thank you its now 19 yay

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Thanks for posting. Congrats on the 16 and now you've added more days! Yeah!

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I found that one of the things smoking did for me was to help me stuff my feelings way down deep ,especially anger .It is said that depression is anger turned inward on oneself . I think crying is a very good and healthy release of the  feelings one may have  from quitting . I felt at first like I had lost a best friend so I grieved and if I held in those feelings rather then talk about them or cry about them then I would end up  getting  depressed .  Don't know if this applies to you or is of any help .

Another way to release the feelings of depression is to exercise . I walked a lot in the early days of my quit and listened to music it really helped me so much ! I have gotten lazy and I must get back to it !

I have had to learn to fingd new ways of coping with my feelings and stress I am now at 867 DOF ! It has been quite a journey and the journey continues ! 

Coming to this site everyday in the early weeks and months really got me through so many trials.  Seeing what some of my quit buddies  and elders went through ,one in particular had a very trying year to say the least , inspired me to keep going ! In other words we help each other !  If you do the same and listen to the Elders  you will have success too ! 

You are doing  a great Job and it was such a good decision to blog about your feelings of depression . ex quit.jpg

Ready2021

Thats why I keep coming back because of every one here

0 Kudos
elvan

Ready2021  You keep coming back, quitting gets easier and you will form relationships here that will surprise you.  This is THE place to be!

Ellen