cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

airmanbiker

14th day jitters...

I have stoped smoking two weeks ago.  Everything was going well until today.  I have been thinking of smoking, but I am determined not to do it.  I'm on the patch and have the lozengs to decrease the cravings, but today I've been thinking of smoking and all that goes with it.  Could I be missing the things assoiated with cigarettes?  I will rely on my willpower to get through the day.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be easier.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
joe59

Hey bro, don't forget why we quit.  I feel the same way, and miss the associations I had with cigs, but truthfully, screw those memories, my life, health, and family are way more important, we need to make new memories.  Stay strong bro. 

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

I had my smoking ceassaion class today.  I told them how I been thinking of smoking and got a lot of feeback.  It has given me a renewed determination to stay smoke free.

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

I am now four weeks smoke free.  It's getting easier as I go along.  I just worred about when they start weaning me off the meds.  I've put a lot of effort in quitting and the longer I go without cigarettes, the more I want to stay an EX.  I have a stop smoking meeting tomorrow and I will talk it over with the doctor.  I have found ways to replace my reaction to a craving.  I go for walks, work on the computer, chew gum, anything to get me through the craving. 

My wife is doing good with her quitting.  She started with the nicotine gum and ony chewed it a few times and she has stayed smoke free.  She didn't start smoking until her mid 40's; I started when I was thirteen.  We're both 56 years old now. 

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

I am over four weeks smoke free.  I believe I stand a good chance at quitting for the rest of my life; One day at a time.

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

I happy to write that I have gone over three months since I stoped smoking.  I getting more comfortable going without cigarettes and when I have a craving I get busy with something and the craving usually passes.  I've stepped down on my patches and will step down to the last step in a little over a week. 

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

I;m sorry to say that I caved in the other day and lit a cigarette.  I took two draws off and thought about what I was doing, stomped it out and haven't done it since.  This happened a couple of days ago and I've thought about what made me do it and I could only come up with the reason that I missed it, or I thought I did.  After those two draws I realized why I quit.  They didn't taste the same anyway.  I didn't like it at all.  I called the help line and talked about it to someone and have renewed my comitment to quit. 

0 Kudos