cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pheonixfire2

13 days

Hey everyone! I've decided it's beyond my time to let this addiction go. It's now hindering my plans for the future! I have decided I am going to be a fitness instructor by this time next year, so I gotta be more appreciable of my health! I've tried and failed several times the past couple of weeks, obviously I need help. So here I am!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Michwoman

You can do this phoenix! Congratulations on the decision to stop smoking! We all need to put the tobacco companies OUT OF BUSINESS! I'm sick to my stomach when I think of how thy intentionally kill people to make money. AND WE HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING THEM UUGGGHHH!!!!

Please read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking". Someone will post the link to the free online version very shortly.

You came to the right place!

0 Kudos
pheonixfire2

Thanks Michwoman, 

I have read Easyway, it's not so easy as he promised. Maybe I need his other book, the onlyway. I live with two addicts right now, so getting a cigarette is too easy. I actually haven't bought any in like a month, lol. It's ridiculous.

0 Kudos
jojo_2-24-11

Hi pheonix and welcome to the site. I changed the way I thought about smoking in order to get rid of it. It really doesn't have to be hard. It can be whatever you make it. Think of all the positives in quitting. You aren't giving anything up, you are gaining a new found freedom.

0 Kudos
wishingstar

I can relate to you, I live with a smoker. I have asked him to go outside and for the most part does. But when i'm a sleep, he sneakes in the house. My 4th day of quit an urge so strong hit me.

OMG How could I want something that stunk to high heaven and I mean I really wanted the damn smoke.   I had to yell at my self NO NO, you don't wan't to be a serial quiter. I got busy doing thing around the house to pass the urge and It went.

I won't lie to you. you will get urges, they pass. I see tabaco and tubes When I wake up. I use to roll my own because it way cheeper. My husband still smokes.  

I agree its harder to do it, when you still have it in your face. I'm happy to say day 11 is all most over for me. Do the smoke in the house?

So I'm going to say to you  if I can do it so can you, Just get tough with your self.  Don't let that nasty little cigerat rule you kick to the crub.

0 Kudos
pheonixfire2

Thank goodness they do not smoke indoors. We all go outside. I love to be outside, though, and thats where they are! Thanks for all the support, I have been thinking about who I could put in my support team...and came up empty. Good thing I got you guys.

0 Kudos
wishingstar

I love the out doors, maybe take a walk or do smothing diffrent in the outdoors. Dribble a basket ball or somthing, toss a tennis ball around. I don't know just trying to help. See some people aviod the smoking spots. I don't . I think I have to prove  somthing to myself. I put myself around it. Maybe thats not the smartest thing to do but. Every one is Diffrent. Grab a pice of gum and chew that. 

We are here for you, 

Renee

10 days and counting

0 Kudos
lois2

welcome, you have come to the right place for support, put your mine to the quit and you can do this, take it one day at a time.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

The most important thing you can do to start is to educate yourself on what nicotine does to your mind and body.  In addition to Allen Carr's book, read the sections on this site, do the tracking and separation exercises, and read the blogs, responses and pages of folks you think might be helpful. You might also want to visit quitsmokingonline.com, and whyquit.com.

After you have completed the readings, it will be time to make your quit plan, including what quit aid , if any, you will use, and the crave busters you think will work for you. Then you can approach your quit day with a plan in place.

Stay close to us here and ask for advice and support as you need it. We all here want to help you be successful!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

0 Kudos
Strudel

Hi and welcome to the site. In addition to Carr, many of us like the free course at http://quitsmokingonline.com/ So much of this is about changing how you think about smoking.....and getting support! This site is great for support! Stick around! Congrats on deciding to quit! 

0 Kudos