cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

10 days

Hi! I'm Chelsea nad I've made it to day 10! Someone please tell me it gets easier!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
John-C.

It gets easier! But, there will probably be more challenges ahead for you yet. Ten days is great!! Congratulations!

There is definitely a leveling-off point down the road and it differs with each individual. I hardly think of smoking now, but I am past day eighty, last time I looked. You should notice you are craving less after a few weeks. Are you using any NRT? This will definitely make a difference, too. After a couple of weeks of using the cold turkey method, your body should be adjusting to life without nicotine, a wonderful thing, your body agrees!

I used the cold turkey method pretty soon after stopping smoking. I still have moments when I feel like a cigarette would be nice, but there is no way I would smoke because the desire just isn't strong enough to overwhelm the negative feelings I have toward the effect of smoking on our lives. I have an understanding of the addiction such that I know those desires are only a product of the addiction, and do not translate into real happiness.

Stay informed and stay proactive in your quit. Take it one day at a time. I recommend pledging in the Daily Pledgers group every day. I did so for a couple of months and it really helped me to focus on taking each challenge one at a time, one day at a time. There is also a lot of information in the Candid Quitters group and Relapse Traps. Have you been on whyquit.com? There is much information there, too.

Keep up the great work, holler if you need any help!
0 Kudos
barbara42

it will get easier, just hold tight to your quit and never take another puff peace!
0 Kudos
barbara42

it will get easier, just hold tight to your quit and never take another puff peace!
0 Kudos
barbara42

0 Kudos

Cold turkey. It might be a bad idea though. I will look at the Daily Pledgers and the other groups you talked about. Thanks!
0 Kudos

Hanging out here has been a good distraction for me. People are so helpful!
0 Kudos
sally3

Way to go! It will get easier but you will still have to fight some urges or shall I say habits! Congratulations!
0 Kudos