cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

accord62

10 Years smoke free!!!!

Tomorrow February 9, 2020 will be 10 years since I quit smoking!  Also my Dad's birthday!!  Smoking took my Dad's life.  He had COPD, emphysema, a tumor in his chest.  I saw him gasp for air walking 3 feet.  He went in for a biopsy and while in recovery and went into respiratory failure.  he was put on life support so we could tell him good bye.  He passed away in 2 days.  Even after seeing this it still took me 1 year to quit smoking.  It was pretty tough but with the help of Prayer, Alan Carr's Easy way to stop smoking and this website I got through it!  I never crave a cigarette anymore. I feel so good now!   I am so thankful I had everyone on here to tell me how they quit and what helped them. Thank you to all of you!!!  To everyone quitting you can do this!!  We are all here for you with our stories and our tips on what we did to quit!!  Once you get through the tough part you will be so happy you are a Non smoker!  I often think why did I ever do that to my body!!  I hate the smell of smoke now and the smell of it on someone else.  You will feel the same way after you have become an ex!!  

41 Replies
Giulia

Amazing quit.  I remember when I got to my 10 year mark, it was almost as good as that one year anniversary.  Ten years is a very special milestone.  Thanks for sharing yours with us.  It gives hope to Newbies and helps us Elders stay the course.  Just added you to our /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=286664dc-d8a9-4428-8...‌  Sorry I didn't before.  Here's to many more smoke-free years!

accord62

Thank you!!   It is a great milestone.  Very excited!!   I'm glad I can help others by sharing!!  Congratulations to you too!!!   How many years for you?

0 Kudos
Giulia

Will be 14 years on March 1st.  

SuzyQ411

WOW!! Fourteen years Giulia‌ !! Thanks for sticking around to help the rest of us! 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Happily I'm not the only old timer who's still hanging around.  A lot of the QuitNet folks who joined us make some of our quits look like Newbies!

0 Kudos
accord62

That is GREAT!!!!

0 Kudos
nwtw

Congratulations and I am so happy that you made something good come out of your grief for your dad.  Also, thanks for the reassuring post for people like me who wonder if they will ever get there.

accord62

Thank you!!   You are welcome!  You will get there.  Keep on this site and it will help so much!  It got me through some hard times wanting a cig!! I can't wait to see your 10 year post!!!

Maki

Congrats on ten years quit , that's awesome . 

accord62

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos