cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

shanna77

1 Week and Feeling Great

Hi all Moms,

I just wanted to let everyone know I am on my 8th day. I have been smoke free for one week. I wake up having more energy. I feel better through out the day. Friday and Saturday were a little nerv racking. Having the children all day. But by Sunday I was feeling great I didn't even chew a piece of nic gum. I don't feel so anxious anymore. By the 2 week I am hoping to get off the Welbutrin. That I have been taking for 2 months. I would like to thank everybody for their support.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
j-b

Way to go! Do you think the welbutrin helped a lot? I want to take it but I am still nursing and I cant take it while doing that.
0 Kudos
shanna77

Well when I first tried to quit smoking it worked great. Which was about 2 months ago. I still kept taking it so when I quit this time I don't really think it helped at all. But just incase I didn't want to take any chances. I am chewing the nicotine gum which I will say helped alot during the first week. I haven't even chewed any gum since Saturday. But I will say taking it won't hurt. I think it works differently for everybody. Good Luck to you!
0 Kudos
joy8

Congratulations on making it through "Hell Week"! I'm on Day 29 and feel great about it as well. I took Wellbutrin for a few months and switched to a stress reducing vitamin instead just because I feel that it works better. I've quit for a year before so I've learned that I will always be a smoker - just one that doesn't smoke anymore, you know what I mean? I think that quitting smoking in 10% physical and 90% mental/emotional. We moms have to stick together and support each other through this. Keep up the good work!
0 Kudos