cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

mizzbflye

where have you been?

Since I quit 53 days ago I have been looking for this group, for some strange reason I didn't think to look at the gruop tab and I also I have been soo busy since I have a life now. Well foremost I didn't choose cold turkey, it kinda choose me. I wanted to be on Chantix so bad I thought that was the only way I was gonna quit (the nicotine had a hard hold on me) Then my husband and I got married and I moved outta my mom house(she is a smoker) and I vowed that I have to quit in my new place. So for the first week I was cutting back and smoking on the balcony and when that pack was over I said, "Im done no more", I need to control my life again". See was easier because I didn't have any ciggs(even though I tried this before) but this time it was different, I needed this for me, my new husband and LIFE!! Boy did I miss the freedom. The ciggs controlled my attitude, body everything.. Anyway I work at home so no driving by the store(temptation) but my desk and work area was my biggest trigger still I managed. Stayed on this site was so giddy, fustrated, intrigued, hopeful,dedicated to this site hardly got work done..lol and then, I made it to a week. I was soo proud!! then it hit me literally........ I DIDN'T USE ANYTHING TO QUIT ??? damn!!......... I was shocked, believe me when I say I thought that even the Chantix was gonna give me a run for the money.. Well here I am!!!! more happy, gained so much patience with myself, LIFE(it's inevitable once you quit) peace of mind. I LOVE ME soooo much more!!!!! I know Im strong because I didn't use anything to stop so, I can achieve or do anything. I getting in better shape and pampering myself more.. Iknow you all feel where Im coming from.. well this is my testimony..until next time

I have been smoke free for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 1 Day, 9 hours, 14 minutes and 55 seconds (53 days). I have saved $133.46 by not smoking 533 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 20 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/22/2008 12:00 PM 53 days and counting !!!!!!!!!! yay !!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Susan57

Good Morning,

Hope you are all having a good day.

I know how tough this can be Marie, you have been there more than once and so have the rest of us. The intention is to stay quit which is easy to say and this we all know too. This is the crowd of 'been there, done that'.

There are times that I would love to sit and smoke, last week we came out of the super market and there was a woman sitting next to us, she was in her car, this woman just opened a pack of cigarettes and lit one. I felt like asking her for one and this is no lie, the 'temptation' remains in place and the battle continues; but not so many as the beginning.

Whyquit.com was created for us, for our use of referral which is helpful when needed.

While shopping I found a boxed cake with a fabulous recipe on the side for a lemon pound cake, just add lemon pudding, this evening I will make this cake, this will be good for at least 1 pound of weight gain. does this sound good?

Hi Lois and Carenda, I beginning to accept the weight gain, enjoy! God Bless

Cheers, Susan

0 Kudos