cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

denverdeb

quit date coming..c'mon chantix

Hey all, I started this group to talk to others who are using and have used chantix... I am on my 13th day of using it... no i did NOT quit after 8 days because i wanted to let it get in my system longer. I am noticing a great improvement though and i really think it is working. We will see how I do on april 14! I have had very minimal side effects and it seems really worth it so far.. especially since I could never go 5 hours before using this and NOT freak and nic out!!
I just want to know everyones experience with it. welcome and please join in!!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
danny4

Hello Deb. I quit smoking using Chantix. I smoked for 22 years. I haven't smoked a cigarette since Oct 2007. I was a very heavy smoker. I would almost smoke 2 packs a day. I didn't think I would ever be able to stop. I surprised a lot of if not all of my friends. My success with quiting has sparked my father and father in law to quit. I only stuck with the Chantix for about a month and half and then stopped taking it. When I stopped I thought for sure I would pick up the cigs again, but my wife decided that she was going to quit so that helped me a lot. I didn't like the way chantix was making me feel. The Chantix works stick with it. It feels like it isn't going to work and then before you know it you don't have that cigarette after dinner or in your car or on your break. The urges just go away. If I can quit smoking anyone can quit. Trust me
0 Kudos
denverdeb

thanks so much for sharing danny - that is so encouraging. I am on day 11, and I know the chantix is working because my hubby fell off the wagon (not taking chantix) and I know cigs are around, but I am NOT asking for one... that is weird!! I can't believe it! I am still not quite there yet though. I still long for that just ONE a day... hope this passes soon. I have cheated maybe 4 times with just one. I just keep going though. It is good to know it can be successful after the chantix!! thanks!
0 Kudos
bill-v_

It's ALL attitude Deb....you against yourself, and yes, it does get easier. Let yourself win!

Bill
D85
0 Kudos