Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nateka

i would like to stop smoking for my heath

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@nateka Welcome to the Ex and congrats on you decision to quit. I see you have Ex coaches available to you.  That's great.   We're here for you also  if you need some help.

Barb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Welcome!

Although I saw your response I fear most in the community may not.  To remedy that, I recommend you write a blog to introduce yourself to the community (Ex Community-top left; then center blue box-"Post a Journal/Blog").  You might include your nicotine use history, what delivery system you are using, why you want to quit, your quit date if you have set one, and anything else about yourself you care to share.  You will reach a wider audience this way.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Nancy

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nateka Great reason to quit!  I see you indicated Nicotine Gum as your quit method.  Did you get some gum to help you quit or have you not aquired it yet?

Please chat with one of EX Coaches and they can help you get some since you are sponsored here by your health plan/employer.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex!!! Decide how you are going to quit, make a plan--one step at a time, one day at a time you can achieve the quit you want. Might be a little hard to start, but once you get the hang of living smoke free, you'll be thanking yourself for deciding and working hard. 

8f772996c438f869e186ed84640c96f9.jpg

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@nateka Welcome to the Ex and congrats on you decision to quit. I see you have Ex coaches available to you.  That's great.   We're here for you also  if you need some help.

Barb

0 Kudos
nateka

i need help to stop smoking

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@nateka Welcome to the Ex.   I see you've been  doing some reading on the site for a while.  That's great.  So what's going on?  Have you picked a new quit date?  How can we help? Have you considered using a quit aid?

If you want to quit smoking you can by educating yourself about nicotine addiction and having a plan in place to identify triggers, craving, and creating new associations to replace smoking.  It took my 50 years and multiple attempts to finally get it right.  When I found the Ex I learned how to quit and found the support I never had before. This link has some great information to get you started.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Also join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Please consider creating your own post at My Journal/Blog to introduce yourself to the community and receive support from fellow quitters.

Stay busy and stay close. 

Barb

0 Kudos