cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

becky-lewis

Zoloft and Chantix

Does anyone know if you can take Chantix with Zoloft. I really want to try it because I have heard great things about it....But, I do take Zoloft. I am scheduled to visit my doctor next week but dont want to wait that long....any advise would be ncie. Thanks for caring!!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
pspam

Hi Becky. I was thinking about you today. I saw my MD psychiatrist and asked him about Chantix and antidepressants. He said he didn't know of any reason that people couldn't take both BUT he wasn't very *big* on the idea of Chantix at all. He said he has had patients become suicidal, hallucinate, horrible dreams, etc. I told him I took it last year for three weeks on the Wellbutrin and got headaches but no other side effects (I think he forgot even though I had cleared it with him last year! LOL) I see my internist tomorrow and I think I am going to ask him for another RX for Chantix. I guess I am starting to panic about 9-11 quit date and want to have every NRT available to me that I can get. Good luck!

Peace
Pam
0 Kudos
becky-lewis

Pam,

Thank you so much. Nice to know you were thinking about me. I actually started the pack yesterday I am on day 2. So far just a pretty bad headache today. Everyone was so helpful on this site with regards to my options that I felt it was ok to start. Self medicating....!! Anyway, keep me posted on your progress. I havent decided on a quit day yet, but hope that each day gets me stronger and stronger. Uugh!!!

Peace be with you!

Becky
0 Kudos

I take Cymbalta and Chantix and I thing it was the combination that helped me to put the smokes down after 32 years. It has been almost 2 months and well I have only gained 3 lbs. It works for me. Good Luck!
0 Kudos