cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

MichelleDiane

What's your experience after the 7mg patch?

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some feedback from people who have used the patch.  Tomorrow will be my last day on 7mg (the lowest step).  What was your experience like?  Thanks in advance.

-Michelle

Labels (1)
51 Replies

For me, it felt about the same as every time I stepped down, except that I knew I had the knowledge to keep myself safe. I think with the patches, we discover that each time we step down on them, it trains us for the final step that must be taken to be nicotine free.

Stay safe!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

MichelleDiane

Thank you Chuck.  I appreciate the feedback

0 Kudos

I used the patch as well. When I got down to the 7mg there were days when I forgot to put it on.  You will be just fine. I know it!

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Thanks you kristen-9.7.15.  Staying in the positive

0 Kudos

MichellDiane

Congrats!!!! Your doing so well with your journey.........I haven't reached that point yet,but looking forward to that day.......

I THINK YOU WILL BE JUST FINE!!!!!!!! I will be reading on my phone while at the grandson's basketball tourny today. I can't reply much, but hope to catch up some.... my blog is in draft stage. Thurs/Fri have been so Busy that I haven't noticed bad cravings on home turf...Very pleased,as 4 days to get home.Cold here....big change from the 90 I left to 28.

Prairie 33 dof

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Hey Prairie, glad to hear you are enjoying your grandson's basketball tournament.  It's definitely times like that re-enforce your quit.  Waiting to read your blog and thanks.

-Michelle

Barb102

That’s what happens to me. I realize I forgot to put it on

Barb

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Hello to all and Happy Sunday.  Tonight will be 70 days (10 weeks) smoke free.  Tomorrow I am flying solo without the patch.  I understand people talking about withdrawing from nicotine and that the patch can prolong the inevitable, but I do not regret this road.  When I tried to quit in 2016 I used the patch, but did not complete the recommended time.  I think I just gave up.  Actually I know I gave up.  This time I feel a sense of completion as I have taken the time to build up coping skills and my tool kit.  Tomorrow morning I will do everything I have been doing for the past 10 weeks, but I will be extra vigilant about my thoughts not turning into actions.  I have faith that I will be okay.  I have faith that I will be able to work through any thoughts, urges, or cravings like I have been doing.  I know I take the patch off at about 8pm every nigh.  That means I am up for about 2-3 hours without it and I sleep through the night without it.  I know that if I can do that I can do it without NRT at this point.  Hope everyone is making today a good day.

Best,

Michelle

I believe you will do just fine!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Thanks Prairie.  I appreciate the support and encouragement

0 Kudos