cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dudley87

What’s the point of smoke aids if....

You just have to withdraw off those too? I mean, I’m thankful for them and happy for my nicorette gum. I haven’t chewed one in 3 days not intentionally yay! and now suddenly feel like I just quit smoking all over again. (I’m on week 7) and finally feeling amazing without all that brain fog crap. Now I’m dizzy and just feeling really yucky. 
I should have tapered off my gum but I don’t want to feel like this again in a few days and just a terrible cycle. Anyways, thanks for reading . I’m just ranting to mainly take my mind off how I feel right now so I don’t chew my gum because I won’t give into this cycle. Also I just finished all the psychological crap of not smoking and feel happy! I kinda felt Down there for a few weeks and binge ate greasy food. Now I’m back into exercising and TRYING to watch what I eat. I’m hard on myself... but it’s the only way I get shit done for myself. 
Ok I’m done, maybe I should go meditate 

Labels (2)
55 Replies
Giulia

Giulia to Julia!   What a hoot!  And you bought the car, wow!  Jealous (grin).   My father was Italian, and it's quite a common name over there.

Yes, the popcorn lung situation has been a factor in vaping for a long time now.  Stay strong!

JuJuCFruit

Not only do I have a Alfa Romeo Giulia, my license tag is "GIULIA"!  LOL!  I could not believe that tag name was available!  I think I'm hot stuff when I drive it!  However it is almost 4 years old and I only have 2,400 miles on it!  That's 24 HUNDRED, not thousand.  I have a problem keeping the battery charged!  I am such a homebody!

Troutnut1

I disagree. I have always maintained that all roads lead to success as long as we don’t take that FIRST puff. My father quit using patches after smoking for 55 years and I am most grateful for that. BUT there is no question that he chose to stretch out the withdrawal, which was the point of the question. Its a personal choice and I simply pointed that out. I didn’t say one was better than the other. Just different. Stick to whatever method you choose and you’ll be OK.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Then is should be presented more positively.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Troutnut1 wrote:

I disagree. I have always maintained that all roads lead to success as long as we don’t take that FIRST puff. My father quit using patches after smoking for 55 years and I am most grateful for that. BUT there is no question that he chose to stretch out the withdrawal, which was the point of the question. Its a personal choice and I simply pointed that out. I didn’t say one was better than the other. Just different. Stick to whatever method you choose and you’ll be OK.

What are you disagreeing with? https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/291036-re-what-s-the-point-of-smoke-aids-if?commentID=291... <-- This post or something else. I don't see your reply as a reply to a particular post so it's hard to follow. 

Barbscloud wrote:

Then is should be presented more positively.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/291036-re-what-s-the-point-of-smoke-aids-if?commentID=291...  <-- Seems to be a repost So I didn't really read it as negative or positive. Just a representation of what one, maybe unknown person thought of the various approaches that Troutnut1‌ identified with. For some, NRT will work. For other, it doesn't. Research has shown it works for people but there also has to be a plan.  It's not to be used forever.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Troutnut1

Well if we are gonna “should” on people then I would say you should stop selling NRT. Not everyone wants to go that way and people are entitled to differing opinions on it. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Agree everyone "should' choose there own path and not be influenced by people who believe cold turkey is the only way.  Obviously you're  against NRT.   That's your choice; but you're not helping anyone by only presenting the cons and not the pros.

Opinions are just that--they're not necessarily facts. 

Treehugger85

Exactly! Just by them saying that, if we did that, it would force HIS CHOICE down our throats and many MANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY people would never quit because they can't do it. It is too hard on their bodies and minds especially people with mental illness.

Barbscloud

How are you doing today?  Are you working?

Barb

0 Kudos
Treehugger85

No not working just watching shows and trying to get my mind off of stuff.

0 Kudos