cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Erlanderai

What do I do about the itchy squares caused by the previous patches?

noticed my body is starting to look like a patchwork quilt. I have lots of llittle red itchy squares where past patches have been. damn it.   Need some help and advice here.. Ex?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
SuzyQ411

@Erlanderai  I am NOT a doctor... but I am a retired RN. Sure looks like you might have an allergy response going on? From the perspective of my nursing judgement, you might leave a message to your doctor for input.

In the meantime, your pharmacist could suggest some over-the-counter ointment and /or pills for this.

Good luck! Pls keep us updated.

Snowdoggie

@Erlanderai I put "patch irritated" "patch rash" and variations in the search bar. You can try that for replies and comments. A few of the comments were: rub oatmeal water on the irritated area to soothe it, move the patch to the back of the shoulder, move the patch to the lower arm (but it will pull your hair when you take it off), you may have become allergic to the patch and have to stop/ may need a lower dose patch. No matter what, don't lose your quit-just work around the issue. N.O.P.E.🚭

Erlanderai

Think I am running out of new spots to put patches on, when they stay on.  Another one fell off today once it got over 95f, guess they don't like sweat either. Wondered why cravings were getting stronger.. patch info is bs, says sweat doesn't matter, false in the trades at least, says you can shower, apparently only if you don't use soap.  I think it is getting harder, not easier. Just have to remember F those things, not what I do anymore, got more important things to deal with. @Snowdoggie @Barbscloud Sorry, barbs, know you were taking a break but you've been with me the whole time.Maybe it isn't smoking that is my issue, just need a new focus that isn't smoking. Been a long time. Have to find a hobby I can do. Used to lilke painting miniatures but don't think my eyes could do that any more. Maybe it is just age that sucks. Maybe that is a symptom, 😕 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Erlanderai  I'm still here supporting you.   Sent you a PM today!

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Erlanderai I also found some search results for  Search - EX Community | Patch Allergy I seem to remember someone saying a while back that the generic patches didn't cause them issues with adhesive like the name brand ones did. Curious what brand patches you are using currently? Perhaps there is another brand that won't cause you an issue. I know some people have found them in big box retail stores. 

EX Community Admin Team
Snowdoggie

@Erlanderai Glad you started a new post. The other one was rather lengthy. I replied to you on your other post.🚭

Erlanderai

had nicodermcq patcches that I paid a fortune for and now have rugby scrip ones that were free. Didn't matter, I work in open new building, may as well be outside except without ANY breeze. Says you ccan shower with them , apparentely unless you want to use soap, lol.

Trying today without patch, just gum. So far so good. guessing by all the red patches, though, see if they are still giving me nicotine. Then again, actually slept better last night. Sunday night was brutal. Think I finally really got to sleep at 300 but alarm wakes me at 415, lol.

It's all good, not smoking the rest is just life...

Thanks all.....

0 Kudos
bilyana1609

Nicoderm left glue for me, and was soooo burning and itchy! CVS patches fall off when hot/ sweating, also “tingle” 

Aroama- Nicotine are perfect for me - stick well, no glue left, not itchy at all! 
and I can tell if the patch falls off - even with the 7mg one.. 

I also use lozenges (2mg and way less than what I used in the beginning)- but if the patch falls off I just finish the day with lozenges and put new one next morning.
Maybe switch patch to something else ?
Or the brand ? you can also stick patches everywhere as long as it stays on..  so try less sensitive places ? Like just above the wrists ?  on your back? On your legs? 

Erlanderai

Thanks for tips, above the wrists, I work in the physical trades, not so much, don't think it would last an hour. 🙂  Tried back of shoulder blades and legs.. so much hair would get ripped off, lol.  Not a body builder, legs are hairy. ;0 I haven't seen the aroama ones, insurance pays for the Rugby ones, nicocq I bought out of pocket before I realized I could talk to my doc and get a scrip. paid about 160 US for 2 boxes of patches and a big box of gum. Not a big deal for me but was about 5 months of what I would have paid for ryo cigs.

Just gum today, the 4mg one but not bad so far. Think I had 3 so far and 4 lollipops (non nicotine).  then again might still be getting a trickle from the 8 or 10 red rectangles I still have, lol. We'll see. So far, I think stubborn is getting me through. lol

Much thanks to all.