cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Tdraym

Using Nicoderm Patch +

I am trying to quit smoking, started using 21 mg patch 12/18/19 , my problem is I have gone 2 days without a smoke, was smoking 2+ packs a day , with the patch I am also using the gum 4 mg and the mini mints 4 mg. I have a craving for a smoke very often , So chew nicorette gum 4 mg for an hour or more 1 1/2 hrs  maybe 20 -30 minutes later will take a mini lozenge 4 mg , also using hard candy in between some of the nicotine aids. So is this going to help or harm me with the 3 aids, to much nicotine to keep me from smoking 18 hrs a day, still need to break the craving, how long who knows ? Just want to be an EX smoker

Thanks Tdraym

Labels (1)
67 Replies
Tdraym

All seems to be going OK for another day, I still am having many cravings very offend but telling myself No gets a little upsetting on how many times I have to try to think about something else and use a mini mint or gum, need something to keep my mind busy and keep me from not going crazy because thought is always there, no matter what I do, but just typing this BS out helps a little bit , because I see someone is listening.

Thanks, Tdraym   

Barbscloud

Early on especially, I would often come here until the crave passed.  It's never BS if it's helping you.  Have you tried changing up your routine at all?   For example, I would drink my coffee on the porch while I smoked.  So when I quit smoking, I'd drink my coffee while on the Ex in the morning.   It's about learning new associations.   Keep'em coming if it helps to keep your quit.

Barb

Tdraym

Talked to NYS Quit smoking line about 2 hrs. and they said the same thing change my routine, I am trying to, I will look at some of my ways , but a little bit limited with my back problem and not working , just at home and therapy a couple times a week, not a book reader and not to many hobbies to do any changes to, backed off of being on computer so much because was smoking while on it too much. So all I need to do is control my mind and keep telling myself "No more smoking, Stop you can do it" hopefully it will work

Thanks again, Tdraym 

Barbscloud

I know it's hard for you.  Some folks starting doing puzzles.  Wasn't something I did.   Has anyone shared this list with you?  I know there's some physical things you can't do, but maybe you'll get some ideas.

101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke 

Barb

Tdraym

Just here to say Happy Holidays to every one and able to say everything  is going good here and happy to say tried to change so of my routine , Sat and watched TV with my coffee this morning rather than on PC while having coffee this morning 5 am, So just trying to see whats going to make it work easy,  thanks to all help

Thanks ,Tdraym

KellanC74

Happy holidays. One day at a time 

ClearColors

Good for you changing up your routine! Smart Thinking!

~ Thank you and wishing you very  Happy Holidays  ~

best,

Nancy

Tdraym

I just have to say hello, and tell myself and anyone reading this post that we, me, myself, and I. Happy to say I'm on day 7 of no smoking, only the beginning of it, but I believe will do it , keep telling myself no, trying to make myself believe I can do it, even try to be proud of myself 7th day, The urges are there and have to say no still quite offen  but  one at a time is making me believe I can say no at the next one urge, The one thing I got to try to stop is asking myself "how long has it been since last time I though of one {urge, craving} just wish I wasn't so mind boggled about numbers and time, used to watch how long it took to smoke a cig. the thing that scared me was, how long between having one and wanting the next one. So now I'm looking at how long I'm keeping Nicorette gum in my mouth and then how long before taking a Nicorette mini mint, can only believe its convincing I can quit.

Thanks, Tdraym

KellanC74

Congratulations on 7 days

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 7 days.  Glad to see you're trying to change some things up.   Simple things can really  make a difference.  Be proud--you're doing great!

Barb