cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

bev4

These really work!

Hello everyone!
I have used many nicotine replacement items and I found the commit program works. I don't like shoving one in my mouth first thing in the morning so I changed my routine. The first thing I do now is jump in the shower then do stretches then the commit lozenge. With the nice weather comming soon a walk in the morning will be in order then get ready and off to work.
I am not going to act like I haven't slipped (no nicotine replacement product will stop you if your urge is overwhelming and you give in) but these sure make it easier.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hey Bev, I'm finding that these work a lot better for me than the patch ever did...probably because they have that whole instant gratification thing going for them just like a cigarette. Do you find that yours are dissolving really, REALLY slow? Mine take upwards of an hour to dissolve, I don't think I have ever finished one. Maybe it's the fact that I can't stand having them on my tongue so I put them between my cheek and my teeth. Just curious, I really like these too though....
0 Kudos

I haven't smoked in over 5 months thanks to the lozenges - they definitely do work! Yeah, they do dissolve slower if you have them between your cheek and gums vs on your tongue, at least for me.

What did you guys start on? I started with the 4mg and have recently switched down to the 2mg.
0 Kudos
bev4

I started on the 4mg one an hour now I use 1 every 4-5 hours. Soon I will drop down to the 2mg of course I will probably have to go back to one every other hour or so for a while until I work my way out of them. I am looking forward to the day they are replaced completly with a mint "much less expensive" and my breath will ALWAYS smell good 🙂 glad to hear they are working for you guys also!
0 Kudos