cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

angelia.w

Slips

Has anyone delt with slips, where your not really craving one but because of old behavior and reactions you smoke one anyway?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
clea

Ohhhhhhhh yeah......... I'll be doing so good not smoking I'll just say.. what the hey....... enjoy life's simplier pleasures. Ahem.... not a good thing to be saying on this site but its true none the less. Just started my third week on chantix and went from 2 packs a day to about 10 cigs a day without really trying. Someone on here wrote that the chantix would chose the quit day for ya....... and u know, it kinda makes sense..... in reading, I found that it may actually take 6 months taking the product for your chemical imbalance to correct itself, and I have noticed several "triggers" have dissapeared....... I always laugh to myself when that happens.... go figure.... a medication that actually works.... anyway, don't take the slips to hard....... enjoy the day!
0 Kudos

Hi
I am only on day 1 of quiting But I have been taking Chantix for 8 days now. Yesterday was suppose to be my quit data but last night had trouble sleeping after a whole day without cigs.
I took 2 puffs and the cig had no effect on me no relaxed feel nothing in fact it smelled bad to me
like I was justing smoking smoke ; so after 2 puffs I thew it away. I have 2 cigs left out of a pack
I may keep them for some stupid reason but I am not going to buy a new pack. I may slip up and use them for habit but why with chantix i do not feel the need. So I say for now slip ups are not bad
just never go out and buy a new pack
0 Kudos
dawn-smith

Angelia, I did on my first attempt with Chantix. Had a issue with my dog and next door nieghbor so I just lit up. This is my second time on the Chantix and hopefully this will be the charmer!! Good Luck and Keep up the great work!!
0 Kudos
angelia.w

Well, I haven't had anymore slips. I am finding the "CRAZY CRAVINGS" are all but gone, I still get a little twinge from time to time, but nothing I can't handle. Just started my 5week of Chantix.
0 Kudos
clea

How long were you on the chantix before you went "cold turkey"?
0 Kudos

I went cold turkey on day 10
day nine was almost a complete day but I took two puffs to relax for sleeping
and the cig had no effect on me . So the next day I got rid of all ashtrays and cigs
Chantix will let you know what day is good someone else I know quite on day 12.
Once again Chantix will pick a day between day 7 and 14 for you just keep smoking until
your brain on chantix tells you no!!!!! You should already be smoking less ???
0 Kudos
angelia.w

I went cold turkey on day 8 just like they said. I am finding the "GET QUIT" program they offfer a great resource. The morning emails and activities are good, but the check in calls in the evening are even better, It makes you accountable for your slips and a pat on the back if you don't.
0 Kudos
angelia.w

Thanks... I know what you mean "the simplier pleasures" but it's really not a "pleasure" anymore. I am almost through my 5th week. Coffee used to be a big trigger for me, I could drink 3/4 of a pot, but now I barely drink 2 cups. I just haven't had the want, and I was just over at my neighbor's house who smokes and I never even though about it.
0 Kudos
clea

I just started day uuummmmmm..... 17 I think. My problem is that my trigger is work..... I am self employed and can smoke as much as I desire......... but, when I'm at home I rarely smoke any. I have noticed though that I can "smell" people that smoke and am like...... dang it I must stink. lolzzzzzzz So I guess it's kickin in, slowly but surely.
0 Kudos