cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

3rdiguy

Quit In 12-Steps (The AA Method)

One day at a time. I'm gonna work these steps or they're gonna work me!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
28 Replies

Hi! Is this site still open? I am new and would love to do this with others doing the same thing. Can share steps and other materials. Hope you are still open and sharing. Last entry was 39 days ago. PLEASE RESPOND !

THANKS

0 Kudos
kare30bear

I can't wait to work through these. Going to print them out and keep in my wallet.

0 Kudos
katheen

hi,my name is kat for short i have some years of AA under my belt. i thank it's a great way to stop smoking. i just know i need to quit the insanity of smoking and that is all i can say at this point. i want to quit so badly but i just can't seem to do it.

0 Kudos
beckie-56

I am glad to have found this page.  I'm 6 1/2 years sober, and I plan on using the 12 step program to quit cigrettes, too!

0 Kudos
classicalbob

Hi every one, I've been told to wait a year before making any major dicisions or trying to quit smoking, I now have 13 mo. thanks to my sponsor and the steps of A.A. I'm in! 

0 Kudos
karabarr

Trying to quit smoking cigarettes is so hard.  There is always that craving or urge.  It seems to never end.  I just wish I could be more resilient and not cave in by smoking a cigarette.  I wish I could just quit for good. 

0 Kudos
rmcfadden88

Thank you for this very enlightening blog.  Knew a little about 12 steps, but not nearly as much as I needed to know.  Thanks, again.  Will do my best to go thru each step as many times as it takes.

0 Kudos
1940slover

Hi everybody, new to this site. I just wanted to chime in, as of 5pm I quit smoking. I'm reading and reading and reading and truly I see that I am a nicotine addict and my life is unbelievable unmanagable at this point.  It's all about the cigarettes, all about the cigarettes, oh bills can wait oh food can wait.  I want off this merry go round!

I used NA for a meth addiction, recovering meth addict for 15 years thanks to that group and I'm hoping that with these principles and you all I can beat my nicotine addiction.  The only reason I am using the patch is because I also have bipolar disorder and I need to be reasonable.  Bipolar isn't cured by my higher power and even with the lamactil, give it a week or two things are about to get really messed up! My higher power did give me something though, a great doctor. 

So here's to day 1 (raises cup of coffee)

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How are things with your quit 1940slover‌?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos