cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

pat3

Please respond

I have been on Chantix for w weeks. I can not sleep, have started smoking again and am VERY VERY VERY DEPRESSED. I can not relax, crying all the time. I thought it was the withdrawal from cigarettes, so I smoked one. Apparently that is not it. I am still just as depressed. I have a history of depression anyway. Other than going off the Chantix- which I plan to do, any ideas?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
cynthia5

CUT YOY CHANTIX IN HALF OR ONLY TAKE ONE PILL IN THE MORING,
MAYBE 2 PILLS A DAY IS TO MUCH FOR YOU,
I KNOW I ONLY TAKE MY MORNING PILL AND I AM DOING SO MUCH BETTER,
ONE LADY SAID U MIGHT WANT TO JUT CUT THE PILL IN HALF AND TAKE HALF IN am AND THE OTHER IN pm
LET US KNOW HOW IT'S GOING FOR YOU.I'LL PRAY FOR A HAPPY ENDING.
VERY BIG HUGS AND HANG IN THEE,,,U HAVE FRIENDS HERE ON LINE
0 Kudos
kathy17

I also experienced an unusual side effect after being on chantix for 2 weeks. Stopped smoking on 4/20/2009 became teary for no reason and had my first panic attack or so they told me when i contacted my doctor. I stopped taking chantix and now use an SSRI lexapro which isn't quite helping yet but everyday off chantex is better.
0 Kudos
patty3

I was having some slight depression issues. In speaking to my doctor and looking up stop smoking side effects I believe at least some of my symptoms were nicotine withdrawal. Even weeks later. Your body was used to nicotine for a long time and it takes a long time to detox completely.

Stay strong. It will get better. I promise.

almost 6 weeks quit!
0 Kudos