cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

maureen-regan

Now What ???

I do not know how to do any part of my life without a cigarette - I chain smoked for 30 years and smoked for a total of 53 - now what?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
donna41

I have only been smoke free since Saturday at 12:30 AM (Technically Sunday I guess) but I am so glad I decided to quit. I didn't have the "oh my God what am I going to do without my cigarettes" feeling this time, yes I have tried to quit before. This time it isn't a try to quit it is a will quit.

I am having a little of the forced woohoo's but this is nothing like the other times I have tried to quit. This time is eaiser, I think because I have finally made the commitment to quit. I think this will get easier the longer we go without those life manipulating sticks. (I'm so tired of planning my life around little sticks that are eventually going to make me either really sick or kill me)

Hang in there Maureen it will get easier the more we stick together... we can beat this thing - our team will WIN!!
0 Kudos
donna41

Julie - I have had a couple of those. I get up and move around, get a glass of water or just do something to take my mind off he cigarettes.

Good luck!
0 Kudos

Yeah, you might just want to keep it at half the dosage. My doctor started me at half and told me not to go up to the full dosage....
Crystal
0 Kudos