cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Nicotine Patch Users

I was on the 21mg for 4 weeks and it really helped me. I was really afraid to step down but really... I did not have any trouble. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I was only on the 14 mg for less then a week then I just quit using them altogether. I have been totally off any nicotine for 5 months.
Labels (1)
49 Replies
brendalee

I'm on my third week of 21 mg. patches. Doing pretty good, they keep away the cravings I've heard others complain about.  I also take Wellbutrin time released pills. To tell you the truth, I don't know if those pills are helping or not! LOL. At first I smoked on the patch but now I don't and I'm doing pretty good...

0 Kudos
jewey1

I did the 21mg for 4 weeks and now am in to the second week of 14mg and am doing great. Just hope to be completely nicotine free by New Year and know that I will be after 32 years of heavy smoking. Patch is great.

0 Kudos
glyn

the only problem that i have had with the patches is that once i figured out how to take them off ahead of change time... i became a monster. but i'm doing it again, except now it is going to take even more will power than the last time.

0 Kudos
quitefree

hi i 25 male and had lots of life changeing desions that i started t smoke over a year ago and i been on patch for 5 days and i still crave a cig when i get stress out i want to see it feel it and breath it how can u guys help me i on 21mg for 5 days plz end advice

0 Kudos
dehowie

I just started step 2 of the program but, by the 6th week step 1 was too much for my body so I am glad to be on step 2 whew.

0 Kudos
jearen

Hi! I am planning on quitting using the patch. My problem is I never seem to do the program for the full ten weeks. After I month I feel confident and quit using the patch. But then I relapse, Any suggestions to avoid relaspe plan after the patch.?

0 Kudos
olivia

Hi there! I am on the 21 mg patch Day 1 and feeling pretty good about it so far. One thing that I am worried about is taking a shower with the patch on......anybody have one fall off after it getting wet? LOL....I know that sounds like such a silly thing to be worrying about but I am taking this quit seriously and want to not waste any patches so I can do the full 10 weeks 🙂

0 Kudos
pteare

im on my seccond day on the patch and am a stress smoker my job happend to be high sterss is there any way that i can use two patches to boost my levels at work so i dont kill the people i work with.

0 Kudos
searay

Step 1 patch today..  Hanging in there so far.  I really want to quit for good this time.  For every reason in this world.  But, especially for myself so I can enjoy our short time that we really do have.  Good luck my friends - Steve

0 Kudos
laney4

I'm using the patch, these first few days.  They take the edge off and help with withdrawal. Next will be the major obstacles beyond withdrawal and life changes.  I will get thru them this time.  Turning 50 in March and my health depends on it.  This site will help me, I'm counting on it.

0 Kudos