cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nancy41

New to the group

Hi! I am new to the group and new to Chantix. Tomorrow will be my first day taking it. I must admit I was almost not going to take it after reading about some of the adverse reactions, but after reading a lot of the posts here with many of the people only experiencing nausea I am going to go ahead and do it. I have been a smoker for over 36 years. Any hints or tips for me?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
sue38

Good luck Betty! I hope you succeed. My Dr will prescribe for me as long as I need them, perhaps yours will also. Thats my fear too, but three months was my all time high, this time I hope to make it permanent. Sometimes I tell myself...if other people can quit completely then I can too. I hope this helps you...good luck!!
0 Kudos
nancy41

Hi Betty, This is my second day on Chantix - - I am allowed to smoke this week, but next Monday is my Quit day. I disappoint myself because I have smoked today and I didn't really felt like smoking and really didn't get much enjoyment out of it. But I still did it - out of habit! Who would have thought that something you can buy over the counter (and Legally) would have such a bad effect on you????? Good luck on your quit!
0 Kudos
betty12

Thanks for the support. I am hoping that this will be the last time I have to worry about quitting. I know a lot of people who have quit and not gone back. i tell myself if they can do it then so can I. I am going to keep trying until I succeed.
0 Kudos