cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

mgant9

Meds definitely help

Hey all, keep it up!!  Hey I personally have found that the meds really help. As long as I have used them I have not used tobacco (snuff user not a smoker). For me the ZYN nicotine packs under the lip worked best, especially at first, but even the lozenges and patches work after time for me. I used ZYN for about 4 months, then lozenges. I eventually went to the nicorette patches but some days still use lozenges. Anyway, that was my trail.  The journey is long so might as well try to find a path that best suits you. Wont be the same as mine but hope this helps someone. M

4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I’ve not heard of Zen packs but I have heard of zyn packs that people have reported were addictive. Which patch are you using? How long have you been using them?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
mgant9

Yes I tried to edit the post but haven’t figured that out. ZYN is what I used and honestly was the better of the nicotine replacement meds for me, especially at the start.  I’m already addicted to nicotine so these are replacing tobacco, not nicotine. Currently using the nicorette patches. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mgant9 wrote:

Yes I tried to edit the post but haven’t figured that out.

Click the 3 dots menu near your original post to edit it.  

@mgant9 wrote:

ZYN is what I used and honestly was the better of the nicotine replacement meds for me, especially at the start.  I’m already addicted to nicotine so these are replacing tobacco, not nicotine. Currently using the nicorette patches. 

Glad to hear it helped. I am not sure how regulated they are however. Please be careful. Connect with your doctor if you have any concerns. Glad you have shifted to the patches and are using lozenges as needed.

There are some other users who have posted about their experiences with them  Search - EX Community | ZYN , might be worth a read.

EX Community Admin Team
mgant9

Edited. Thanks Mark!!

0 Kudos