cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nathan3

Is it the no smoking or the chantix?

I am on day 3 smoke free and day 9 on the chantix. After yesterday I believe if I could make it through one of the toughest days of my life and not smoke oh yeah I can do this! But I have also not been able to sleep at night. I am tired and I want to but just toss and turn. ultamately getting about 2-3 hours of sleep. I was wondering if anyone might know if it is because of the lack of nicotine or the chantix? If anyone could help it would be very great!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
tennie

Nathan thank you for posting this omg... my 13 y/o son is begging me to go back to smoking and get off the chantix... and I can tell it does make me short tempered but I know that I have only had 2 days that I really wanted to smoke this time. I was thinking about cutting back on the chantix but I have quit smoking twice before for over 4 months so I dont want to be rash in judgment yet either. I am seeing my dr monday and will discuss this with her and will most likely follow her advice but at least now I know that Im not the only one thats having side effects... Im not much of a sleeper anyhoo but when I do sleep it is unreal at the dreams I have now omg... I use to nvr dream... anyhoo, the best of luck to you and thank you again for this post
0 Kudos