cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dudley87

I feel like that’s all I think about

My mind is consumed about constantly trying to quit smoking. I’m heading into day 5. I’m thinking about it too much right? My body is ridding the toxins out as we speak so my body feels so strange! Is this normal? Haha. I was at target this evening and literally could feel myself sweating all those nasty chemicals out! Now I’m wide awake... still thinking about my journey. Grrrr. But I also feel so amazing at the same time. Is that possible? Today was really rough for me. Not necessarily the cravings... but my body just getting rid of everything. I’m literally in detox mode and I don’t know what to do with myself to occupy the mind. Advice would be great fellow exes. And congratulations to everyone. We GOT this. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
36 Replies
dudley87

Absolutely rachy! We got this! I knew smoking was bad but I thought meh cos I loved it so much. Started getting tired of it and finally said enough. All the nastyness of it is what keeps me from wanting to go back. I’m on a health kick and have been educating myself. Im Confident in saying I won’t ever smoke again. I stick to everything I say so keep reading about all the bad and you’ll gross yourself out enough to never touch it again! 

elvan

dudley87‌ GOOD FOR YOU!

Ellen

dudley87

Thank you! 

elvan

Rachy2283

Cheers!! Sorry you are feeling crummy. Hang in there ... This to shall pass and you will be glad u did.  Plenty of water and breathe. I got this Dudley

Linn2331

Hang in there! Day 10 and I had a bad morning! But came here. We can do it. It is hard but dang. I have gone this long so I hope to keep hanging in there!

anaussiemom

This one of a few quits.  I can say after a bit it becomes less and sometimes a whole day or  more without it.  ❤️