cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

jewel3

I am ready .

I am ready to quit,But i will need all the help i can get.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
miriam3

you can count on me !! Good luck, and welcome!!!
0 Kudos
SaraSmile

Hi Jewel,
You have come to the right place, that's for sure! The longest I've ever been quit is 6 days. Today is day 23 for me! Chantix, once I got used to it, has helped me SO much! Coming here everyday, checking in, getting support and strength from everyone here has been another BIG help!
Photobucket
Holler if you need, we're ALL here for you and each other!
Sara
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
janique

Hi Jewel!

Welcome to a great family! My name is Janique. I am also on CHANTIX, This is my 3rd week on it and My 8th day without cigarettes. I have also found that reading up on your addiction is very helpful. Get as much info as you can, so you will understand what is happening to you and why. I just finished reading a book called "NICOTINE & CIGARETTES", by Gina De Angelis. It is a Junior Drug Awareness book. I have a stepson who is 14 and going to high school this year and I am going to have him read it so he will be aware of the peer pressures of smoking and the health risk as well. This book talks about the history of tobacco and the dangers it has on the body and some other good info too, like why people start smoking and why it is so hard to quit . Honestly I wish I had read this sooner and maybe I would have quit years ago. All the stuff I have read is helping me to stay away from cigarettes. I want my children to see me healthy and happy for a change, not tired all the time. I'm also starting another book called, " AN EX-SMOKER'S SURVIVAL GUIDE, Positive Steps to A Slim, Tranquil, Smoke-Free life" , by Lesley Sussman and Sally Bordwell. I hope this is of some help to you and I wish you the best on you quit and I'm here if you need to talk.
0 Kudos
john-kozloski

Hi Jewel, That 's the right spirit.We shoudn't have to do things alone. Even if we've caused this mess ourselves.Keep coming back and get the help from those who care. JK
0 Kudos