cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lauren16

I am going to fill a Chantix RX today...

Does the pill make you gain weight? Or do people gain weight because they're eating instead of smoking? I know that people have weird dreams, and get depressed, headaches, throwing up... is weight gain included in that list of side effects? I'm just curious... I joined a fitness center, so I'll be exercising... but I'd like to know if my weight loss is going to be limited by this pill... I'm trying to loose weight, not gain any.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
lauren16

I've noticed that since I've quit smoking ALL I WANT TO DO IS EAT! It's crazy, I'm hungry ALL the time! I think about eating ALL DAY! I've been working out 5 times a week instead of my usual 3 to make up for all the extra calories I'm taking in. I think packing on a few pounds is worth the not smoking though. The pounds can be shed - my life is important! Thanks for replying! Keep up the good work! I've been smoke free for 4 days today, and it feels good!
0 Kudos
barb12

so i did chantix twice. it didnt work the first time longer then a month. then i quit again in april. was smoke free until about a week ago. im soo frustrated. i think the chantix has messed with my mood a little. i feel a little depressed, and yes ive gained weight and am not happy with the way i look all of a sudden. but ive also heard that when we quit smoking we grieve the "loss" and that a bout of depression can be normal , and the gaining weight isnt from the pill. its from replacing the cigs with food. wierd huh? anyways the pill really does help. i honestly dont want a cigarette but i smoke it anyway. im soo angry right now sorry. but yes it does help.
0 Kudos
mary53

I quit smoking on June 29, 2009. I didn't feel that I feed my loss of addication for the first two weeks. I am on Chanitx which worked great! 7 weeks post smoke free and I have put on about 15lbs. I think my metabolism the pills and my eating habits all added to this weight gain. I have joined the gym and I have lost 4 lbs. I don't like the weight gain but I will overcime that as well!!!!
0 Kudos