cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Whitebeargirl

Help please! And Suggestions for Bible studies to help quit

Jump to solution

Hello there. I have been thinking about quitting smoking for some time now and have decided I really need to do this. My mom quit after several health issues and I don’t want to go down that road. But I am also scared of quitting. I cannot picture myself as a no -smoker even tho I know it is way better. I am scared of gaining weight. I dont want to do this with medication. I tried Wellbutrin last year and it did not go well at all as it made me more anxious than I already am, and crazy. It literally gave me crazy, harmful thoughts. I do have some NRT that I plan to use. But also I plan to use my Bible and prayer. With God, all things are possible. I am wondering if anyone has a specific Bible study plan they’ve used to quit. If so, please share.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
26 Replies
Maki

Don’t know where you are seeing the request to join @CommunityAdmin . I’ve clicked on it several times and it takes me directly to the site not the request to join page . 

SuzyQ411

Sure hope we can get this whole mess ironed out @Maki . Will keep you posted as things unfold @Whitebeargirl . In the meantime, I hope the links I gave you will help you find the Bible Study you are looking for @Whitebeargirl  ❤️ 

Barbscloud

@Whitebeargirl Sorry for the confusion.  I'm glad that original link worked for you.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Maki, looks like @Whitebeargirl was able to send the request to join the group, which is great! The request to join button only shows up if you are NOT part of the group already, so you would not be able to see if you are already part of the group. Adding this comment for any future members who might find this thread and are interested in joining a "private" group :).

- Sarah, The EX Community Admin Team

EX Community Admin Team
SuzyQ411

@Whitebeargirl  I am so sorry to see that you are having such a  difficult time accessing the Faith and Spirituality group! On Friday August 25th, @biscuit9  and myself have a scheduled Zoom appointment with Todd @CommunityAdmin to brainstorm on how we can make this group more easily accessible. We would love to have you join us in this group and hope we can get the access issues ironed out in a speedy manner.

.Although I am not familiar with any particular Bible Study to help folks quit smoking, I did google and found this one: 

http://www.freebiblestudyguides.org/bible-answers/a-healthful-smoke-free-life.htm

It does mention at the bottom of the page what church the study is affiliated with. You may want to check out that church before considering the study to see if its beliefs align with yours..?

I have also googled  "bible studies to help quit smoking cigarettes" and find other options as well. 

I hope these suggestions have been helful for you.

I will get in touch with you again after we meet on the 25th with a hopeful solution that allows easy access to the F&S group!!

~ Suzy 🙏

Barbscloud

@Maki Maybe because you're already a member.

@SuzyQ411 I don't think @Whitebeargirl is having a problem accessing the group.  I just  mentioned it's an option if she is interested in joining.

Barb

0 Kudos
Whitebeargirl

Thanks all for the responses! The link to the group worked and I requested to join. I will check out some other groups as well. It is a relief to know there are others out there for support. Becomeanex is the best online resource and community for quitting smoking I think. Thanks again all!

Maki

Thank you @CommunityAdmin  and @biscuit9 @and @SuzyQ411 . I mentioned that way back that it might because  I’m already a member . Without clarification from one of the other members or our new member it was hard to know. 

SuzyQ411

@CommunityAdmin  and @Maki and @biscuit9 . Yesterday I tried to acesss the F&S forum but had forgotten to log in and this very unwelcoming "welcome message" popped up:  This is a closed group hub. You need to be logged in to send a request to join. Not only was it highlighted in bight red but the words themselves were very off-putting. I am trusting that @biscuit9  and I can rectify this tomorrow when we Zoom with Todd from @CommunityAdmin 🙂

biscuit9

Yeah, that msg/aura needs to change immediately hopefully.