cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

bill24

Hello All

I just joined Become An Ex! I noticed the ads on TV about the time that I started Chantix for my 2nd time.

My first time was 1 year ago this month. I never finished the program because the Chantix REALLY interfered with my sleep. I noticed some additional dreaming but not the "weird stuff" I've heard others talk about. I simply could not sleep through the night, I would wake up several times in the middle of the night and have difficulty in getting back to sleep if I was able to go back at all.

I've noticed similar but not as severe sleeping issues this time around as well but I am determined that I am going to quit smoking this time even if I don't get any sleep.

I've started taking Melatonin (from the vitamin aisle) and that seems to be OK. My problem is typically not getting too sleep though, it's staying asleep.

Anyone else had similar issues? Anything working for you? Any advice at all is appreciated!

Good Luck Everybody! We can do this!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
bill24

It's great to hear others stories and successes. It's weird how the same drug has similar yet different effects on individuals. I take the recommended dosage and have not once experienced the nausea or the vivid dreaming. Just the worrisome sleep interruptions. That does seem to be subsiding though.

With all that in mind, it seems as if you really, really want to quit......

YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO!
0 Kudos
bill-v_

I was that way Bill, but I've been a light sleeper for years. Chantix made it a little worse....but well worth it. I'm on day 89 now and have been done with Chantix for about a week.

Bill (another one!)
D89
0 Kudos