cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kathryn3

Has this happened to anyone else?

Okay, so on Monday Morning I took my first Chantix. It made me so ill, I can't even remember the last time I felt that horrible. Literally, about 40 minutes after taking the pill (and yes, I was smoking but You're Supposed To in the first week!) I started throwing up, which continued relentlessly for about 6 hours. Needless to say, I won't be taking Chantix anymore, which is quite dissappointing. I thought I had found something that would finally work for me. Has this happened to anyone else? I assume I am allergic, but maybe not?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
karina

WOW that is too bad! Chantix isn't for everyone. Go back to your doctor and tell him what happend, maybe he can recommend something different.
0 Kudos
emtgonenutz

Phenergan is a Godsend for nausea/vomiting and I'm certain that if some of you are having nausea problems with Chantix and ask your doc to prescribe something for the nausea until your body adjusts to it that he/she will be more than happy to accommodate you in order to help you kick your best friend (butt) to the curb! My doc had no problem with it even before we knew if I would have that issue but he also knows that with all of my other health problems I simply can NOT be crouched over the toilet...it's an impossibility for me. Now, I've only been on the Chantix for 3 days so I'm not up to the full dose yet and have not taken the Phenergan yet either, but I do have the gassy feeling with burping others describe. I've heard the nausea could start as early as tomorrow when I go up to the twice a day dosing or next week with the 1mg twice a day, so I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to stay on the Chantix with the help of my doctor.

If this were a true allergic reaction (no I'm not a doctor but I am a paramedic and know what anaphalaxis is) you wouldn't just have nausea...that would be the least of your worries, so try not to let nausea stop you from using Chantix...try to get an anti-emedic, eat bigger meals, drink more water, something ANYTHING...just keep trying...you can do it..we can ALL do it, I just know it!

Good luck and God Bless!
Tanya 🐵
0 Kudos
vicki8

Start with your DR or RX store and compare all the drugs you take. You also must EAT breakfast and dinner before you take this meds. I found this out when I first started when it came out on the market. Then I restarted the program and found out it doesnt mix with anti anxiety drug Fluexitin..generic for Zoloft(MORNING DOSE) as I had restarted that about a week before restarting the chantax and I really ill..not neausa or that just not right. So when I stopped both drugs within 2 weeks I was back to normal. When I called the company and spoked to their foriegn RXs people they had never heard of this combo making one sick. And I take a lot of meds for COPD, arthritis, and sleep issues.
0 Kudos