cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lulu2

Hanging in there....

I started taking Chantix two weeks ago and the first week I felt fine. Once I started taking 2mg a day I was feeling dizzy and nausea all the time and headaches. I went down to 1 1/2mg a day and I would take half a pill after eating and that was okay. This week I have changed my dose again to only 1mg a day (half in the morning and half at night). I still feel dizzy, but my stomach is better. I haven't smoked for a week!!! I want to finish my starter pack because it was expensive. I am hoping that after a month I will have a good foundation to continue without the Chantix.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kris4

Does the Chantix help with the cravings at all? or is it the nausea that is helping you not smoke? Not picking, just curious...I'm starting Chantix soon and am a bit nervous 🙂

Thanks,
Kris
0 Kudos
lulu2

The nausea has helped at times for me to not even want to smoke, but I have to say that the medicine is helping at least a little bit because I am not as edgy as I have been when I quit cold turkey. I think it generally makes you feel more calm. I still think about smoking, but not as much. I think it is worth a try. Good luck!
0 Kudos
ed_2

This stuff ROCKS!!! I did not get sick at all and have very few cravings - have slipped but because of heavy emotional stress - not day to day stuff. I did not even want to quit at first - was doing it for someone else and after a few slips was so disgusted with smoking that I am really into it now.
0 Kudos
lulu2

Awesome!! Keep up the great work!
0 Kudos
lulu2

Well I have now been on Chantix for three weeks. I am still taking 1mg a day. I have quit smoking for two weeks, but I have slipped twice. A half a cigarette one day and another day I had two. I am really frustrated with myself. I spent so much money on this medication. I have noticed that I have been really tired and I have had a general down feeling. I am not sure if this is because of quitting (I don't remember feeling like this on other attempts) or the medication. I am afraid to stop the medication now and end up going back to smoking. I just don't know what to do at this point.
Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos