cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

deb7

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU TRIED CHANTIX?

Hi,

I'm Deb and on my 2nd week of Chantix. I am really hoping this works. I am just taking it one day at a time. I have set the 1st day of winter as my quit date. How many times have you tried Chantix? Did it work the 1st time? If not, why didn't it work? I'm wishing the best of luck to all of us!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
christine2007

Hi Deb,
I quit almost one year ago using Chantix. I tried the first week quitting and nothing happened so I stayed on it about two more weeks and in the third week the butts were losing their grip on me and I began to actually taste them... gag.

My next quit date was a success. Leading up to that I had fewer and fewer butts each day. Three days before my quit I only had one a day. I'm still smoke-free and THRILLED that this stuff worked so very well for me!!! Worth the money.

My adult son just completed his third week or fourth week, but has been smoke free two weeks+ now also using Chantix. He's as surprised and thrilled as I am. I just love this stuff!!! This is also the first time he ever used Chantix.

I continued on it for the full 90 days but the last couple weeks or so I dropped down to only 1 tab a day. Not sure my son is going to do that. I hope he does though... just for insurance. Good luck, if you stick with this you will surely be a quitter soon!
0 Kudos
nancy41

I am doing great Rosa! Today is day 17 smokefree! I just never realizes what a grip cigarettes had on me! Notice I said HAD? Now sometimes I get an urge to smoke at a time that I normally didn't smoke! But they do pass.
0 Kudos