cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

deb7

HAS ANYONE BECOME IMMUNED TO CHANTIX?

I was just wondering if anyone has become immuned while taking Chantix? I just started my 3rd week of Chantix. I didn't set a quit date, but I do have a goal date I am working towards.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
sheila12

Hey!
How is it going today??
I have been taking it for 9 weeks or so ( and you are so right about it affecting ppl differently!! )
The HARDEST part for me is RE-LEARNING life without them.
I did not realize how much and why I smoked. I still am learning!!
EVERYDAY is hard for me . today is a very hard day for me and I have been on the pills for 2 months or more....

Some times I go for hours and not even think of a cig and then some days I could EAT one!!!! I did not mean to sound so self righteous above-- I was just trying to help ya!! I am still reaching for my pack-- my "ghost pack"-- beside my bed... LOL- YOU ARE ONE DAY CLOSER TO QUITTING-- KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Sheila
0 Kudos
deb7

I feel the same way Sheila. I am on my 4th week now. I really don't have the urge to smoke anymore. Like you I can go for hours before even wanting one. The hardest part for me is learning to unglue myself from them in my every day life. From sitting here on my laptop watching tv to waking up in the morning and styling my hair. Each day it does get easier but I am forcing myself into it until I am ready. I am just taking baby steps each day. I am so happy to hear I am not the only one here with this same experience. I realize I need to quit smoking and I will when the time is right for me. I think I will be taking Chantix for awhile.
0 Kudos
christine2

This is a great topic. I am having the same problem. This is my second time using Chantix, The first time was last year and it worked beautifully for me, quit for about 6 months and made the terrible mistake one day of thinking I could have just one and here I am again. I am on my 7th day and don't really have any side effects except sleep problems. But I also don't seem to be having any less urges either. I set my quit date for Sunday 10/26 and today and until then I will be trying to be more aware of when I am smoking rather than just mindlessly lighting up. I do remember from last time that it did take a few more days until the urges were noticeably less so I guess I'll just see how it goes.
0 Kudos