cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kim30

Easy Way Users

I noticed this group at the very end of the list and I think we need to bring it to the forefront. This book is the best thing that happened to me and my quit. If you are serious about becoming an ex, I highly suggest it.

I have completed 9 days already, and except for a few little whispers from the nicotine monster, I have found it to be extremely easy. Not to mention, I don't want to kill anybody (hubby is very lucky). I FEEL AWESOME!! I have no desire to stuff my face instead of smoke, and have in fact, lost 2 lbs in the past week. The walking certainly helps.

Anyway, just wanted to post my two cents on this group, in hopes that others that have quit using this method will post theirs. It's a shame for this book not to be known to everyone serious about quitting.

Best of luck to all.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
88 Replies
jeanie4

I bought this book used from Amazon.com.  The only drawback is it's going to take a couple of weeks to get delivered.  If anyone had found passages particularly relevent, please post them.  Maybe I can get a little taste of the book until the delivery date.

0 Kudos
melanie26

I am on day 11 with Chantix and Allen's Book. I love it and recommend it to anyone.

0 Kudos
jeanie4

I've have heard  so much about this book.   So I bought it used from Amazon.com.  The only drawback is it's going to take a couple of weeks to get delivered.  If anyone had found passages particularly relevent, please post them.  Maybe I can get a little taste of the book until the delivery date.  Thanks

0 Kudos
gogoriviera

Glad to see a group supporting Allens methods-  I am back - had 7 months and slipped but i know i can do it again.  I am going to break out Allens book and get ready again.

Best of Luck to everyone!

0 Kudos
lois2

i thank i will read see if i missed any thing. 

0 Kudos
debbie-bishop

Hello,

I just finished Allen Carr's book.  This is the method I intend to us.  I will not use nicotine replacement products.  I would like to join you group. 

I'm a 53 year old mother of three and a school teacher. 

Moochie

yodalot

I'm an atheist. I don't believe in god.

0 Kudos
debbie-bishop

I read his book and that is the way I'm going.  I also have his Little Book of Quitting.  It has little excerpts from his book I can carry in my purse.  I also ordered his book that is geared toward women.  You can order from Amazon.  I buy used books so they are not so expensive.

Moochie

0 Kudos
sumac01

HI I BOUGHT THIS BOOK AND THE CD'S TO LISTEN TO IN THE CAR. I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL @ QUITTING, HOWEVER, I HAVE RELAPSED AND I SUFFER FROM COPD. I'D LIKE TO JOIN THIS GROUP FOR SUPPORT, I FIND I GET ANXIOUS, AND DEPRESSED ,(NOT TO MENTION FAT)  IN MY PREVIOUS ATTEMPTS @ QUITTING. IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK!!!! 

0 Kudos
james41

It made the difference for me

0 Kudos